“Good location”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stopped here after hiking. The food was good, as well as the service was good and there is outdoor seating if you want. It is conveniently located to I-84, although you have to pay attention the restaurant doesn't sit at road level. The driveway is a bit steep so watch for the sign. Most of us in the group ordered burgers, which were delicious and prepared as ordered. The seafood bisque was quite tasty and filled with seafood. The martini's were delicious. Great beer selection. The atmosphere was not loud even though there is a rather large bar area. We would visit again.

1  Thank balaczar

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My husband & I have been coming to McGuire's for quite some time. We've seen the parade of other restaurants that have been in this location before McGuire's. I read the other reviews and our experiences have been quite different, although Lunchtime isn't their strongest service time. Dinner service has better wait staff. As far as cleanliness, I've never observed the problems that some of the other patrons complained about. We rarely eat in the bar, practically always eat in the dining room. I generally get a salad & my husband get a burger or something similar. Always have enjoyed our meals. Especially enjoy their specials & themed meals. We've found the managers attentive & the wait staff as well, but they suffer from turnover

Reviewed 16 August 2017

A friend and I visited after getting shut out at a BBQ restaurant in Derby. Beer and burgers were good, but service was slow. I've eaten here in the past, and had good food and service, so I'll try again.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Stopped here based on highway sign that said food was off exit. Drove past on first attempt but quickly realized there is not much else close by. We were only ones eating int the dining area because it was a little before 5. Bar area was busy and loud. Food was average and reasonable priced. Service was quick and our server Kelly was very friendly & attentive. What we did not like about this restaurant was how a bartender came out to the front desk area and bashed another employee with the manager and other employees. It was loud enough for my wife & I to hear the whole drama. This is not a professional place to work for.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

Food was ok, nothing special. Not many diners. There were 4 or 5 waitstaff sitting talking, when we came in and were seated by the manager. The server who took our order acted inconvenienced to be taken away from her chatting. We had to ask for the bill (which took a while to come) though the servers, just a few feet away, were still chatting. No one asked how the meal was or if we wanted coffee or dessert. The manager seemed oblivious to the poor service.

1  Thank Don Q