“OK, but watch out for the Burgers!”

McGuire's Ale House
Ranked #24 of 63 Restaurants in Newtown
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 September 2016

My 4th visit there, and there was a new owner and/or manager. Service good, food questionable. We ordered off of the Oktoberfest menu, and my sausage plate was very good, but our guests thought the Sauerbraten should have been more sour. She should know, she is part German, and not a youngster. The issue arose with the Blue Cheese Burger my wife ordered. She could only eat half because it was "too salty." She gave me the other half, and I agreed 100%. I went to the owner/manager, and he said "it must have been the Blue Cheese." My wife is 68 and I am 70, excuse me, I know the difference between salt and blue cheese. He seemed very indifferent and unreceptive. Well, I may go back (may think twice) but will order with caution.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Wings were horrible, the place was filthy, and the bar tender was rude. We sat at the bar and their was globs of dressing or sauce all over. They clearly had not cleaned the area we were sat in. We had to clean it off ourselves. The wings were barely cooked and were tiny! Such a waste of money. The bathroom was disgusting, and one of the cooks I saw looked extremely dirty as well.

2  Thank jesse- h
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Enjoyed the menu, Irish dishes such as Bangers and Mash. Burgers, wraps and a couple of Italian dishes. Friendly staff. Good choice of beers, Guinness, Harp, Palm, plus standards such as Sam Adams. They need to add a signature dessert.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

If looking for a nice casual dinner out this is it. Food is good, drinks are good. Outside seating was nice.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

The food ranges from good to mediocre. The calamari with garlic, parmesan and cherry peppers is one of our favorite items. The burgers are really good. The caesar salad does not have the creamy dressing one would expect...but a vinaigrette. The Irish fries are always enjoyable. Service is generally good....depending on who you get.The owner is always there and always friendly.