“Delicious New Addition To Newtown”
Review of Farmhouse

Farmhouse
Ranked #12 of 63 Restaurants in Newtown
Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Tucked away in the corner of an unpretentious mall, Farmhouse offers an upscale take on slow food and farm to table dining. One walks into an Allen and light-filled bar area where drinks and or dinner may be had, or there is seating in the dining room. Decor is rustic sophistication as you might expect. Menu will satisfy everyone from a vegan to a steak-lover (be prepared for a $55.00 ribeye) and there is a variety of appetizers, flatbreads, and entrees. Calamari was up to sniff but the crab cakes took the prize. Gently composed to break away on your fork, they were seasoned perfectly and mouth-watering. Duck was expertly perfectly and presented and grilled veggies were delicious if a bit oily and generously seasoned with garlic. Desserts are brought to the table which makes it hard to say no. Fruit tarts to creme brûlée to cheesecake. Servers and hosts were warm, attentive, and professional. So: Unpretentious but Sophisticated decor with a top notch chef and a bright and inviting decor. Definitely will return to sample some other dishes!

Date of visit: April 2017
2  Thank saltcreekct
michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Michele

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Great parking and easy in and out. Arrived early and enjoyed the bar and appetizers specials at the bar. Brie and crab cake appetizers were 5 star. Dinner was superb - fish special , two orders of filet and a liver dish for our table. I was full - but when our party saw the dessert tray - cheesecake was ordered.

Thank you for a wonderful welcome, meal and service.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 13 March 2017

Our first dinner visit was to celebrate the birthday of a dear friend. The four of us were greeted warmly by the owner and seated immediately at a good table. The wait staff was very pleasant. The appetizers came out quickly and were delicious.
The wait for the main course was a little long with a packed house, but the entrees finally arrived and proved well worth the wait. We will return to try other specialties.

1  Thank wilron
michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

The Farmhouse was closed when I made the reservation online. The immediate reply came from Michele saying we had our reservation. It felt friendly that the reply was signed by a real person with a name. As it was our first time at the Farmhouse we came with our friends who are gourmet cooks. The first impression was warm and inviting as we walked up to the restaurant with glowing lighted trees just outside the sunroom window. Inside the ambience felt comfortable and laid back. The bar/sunroom overlooks the trees, while the dining room was divided into two rooms which made each room feel a bit more intimate. We sat next to the gas fireplace/room divider which was pretty. My husband commented on and enjoyed hearing the 50's and 60's music which was playing while we dined. We had calamari, lobster bisque, rack of lamb, scallops, pork loin with brussel sprouts, creme brûlée, and creme brûlée cheesecake for dessert. Everything was nicely presented. I thought the food was almost a five star rating in how it was prepared, it just needed a bit of fine tuning and they'll have it. The young lady who was our server had a nice sense of humor, was very sweet, yet professional. We had wine by the glass and they were excellent choices made by the restaurant. The pacing of the food being brought out was excellent, but would have liked to linger over a glass of wine a bit first before ordering. Everyone agreed they wouldn't hesitate to return another time. Wishing the new owners the best of luck in their endeavors. It's great to see quality back at the site of the old Mona Lisa.

michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you so much. We very much look forward to your return!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

This was my first visit to the Farmhouse. I enjoyed my visit. We had dinner in the bar. I ate the Lobster risotto and was a bit disappointed in the chewiness of the lobster. The flavor was good though. I had an awesome cherry amaretto margarita. My friend ate venison and enjoyed it immensely.

I am always happy to learn about a new place and I hope they are successful.

michy60, Owner at Farmhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your dinner.
I would love to talk with you if you could call me at 203-491-2840.

Michele

Been to Farmhouse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK