“Great go-to restaurant!”

Rooster Co
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Newington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Have been there a couple of times now, and continue to look forward to our next meal there. Their rotisserie chicken is delicious, and incredibly reasonably priced! My husband could eat chicken every day and never tire of it, and he loves this place. Their menu is inventive, and features chicken in all of its glorious incarnations. I've eaten the skillet chicken lasagna, fried chicken, and the yummy corn bread with apricot butter. I could go back just for the corn bread time after time! Am looking forward to trying some of the delicious sounding apps on the menu, and will be back soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

You don’t see many of these places traveling around so I’m glad i did stumble upon this one. Most rotisserie chicken places are quick service or fast food like but this is one is definitely unique. Half of it is a sit down, candle lit type of restaurant and the other half is a bar with TVs and serving all kinds of local craft beer favorites. Great atmosphere and the half chicken with truffle fries really hit the spot. Loaded menu with something for everyone but the chicken is definitely the star. Be sure to stop by if you’re in the area.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our family “boys night” out at Rooster Co. My son loved his chicken fingers, the chicken pot pie and chicken parm were great. My salad with rotisserie chicken was good, but the chicken was a bit flavorless. I probably just got a bad piece, but enjoyed the salad.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Our state offers many pleasant surprises! Today, we had an errand to perform in Newington and decided to randomly pick a restaurant we did not know. That's how we had lunch at Rooster Co, in Newington.
We picked the lunch menu: on one large plate, came half a roasted chicken, also a bowl of soup (made from chicken broth and vegetables), we also asked for the polenta, served with golden onions... It was not a super gourmet meal, but it was simple, tasty and service was thoughtful and prompt.
One of us had a very rich dessert, I could not describe it, although I had a taste... too rich and heavy for my taste, but my husband loved it... HIS TASTE!!!

Reviewed 17 November 2017

First time at this restaurant for dinner. The place had a lively atmosphere, and was pretty busy. We had reservations so we had a table ready. Our server was friendly and was able to answer questions without having to “go to the back” and ask. We first started with the Country Dogs, which looked like little sausages wrapped in puff pastry. Must be honest, thought the sausages were really dry/overcooked. I loved the pickled mustard seeds that came with it though. Felt like caviar bursting in your mouth. For dinner, I ordered the Chef’s plate. That came with a half rotisserie chix with cracklins (skin), confit, some liver pate and a roll. The cracklings were super crispy, the pate was great and the chix was juicy and very flavorful. (note you can get a “lazy” where they remove the bones if you don’t want to get your hands dirty). The one thing I question is the confit. It didn’t look like the confit that I am accustomed to seeing and was served with a little crostini. It was very salty and the worst part of that plate. The rest was very good. For sides we had the roasted mushrooms, which came with a pesto sauce, a side of spaghetti squash that came in a tomato sauce, truffled mac’n’cheese and a butternut squash polenta with a pecan topping. They were all decent portions, I think one side would have sufficed for dinner. If you don’t want chix, they have other dinner options. I would go back for another round to try something different, overall, pretty good experience.