“Steak a little bland, everything else fantastic”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Newington
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitts Lane
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I really love steak and have been to almost every big steakhouse in New England. But for whatever reason, this was my first trip to Ruth's Chris, and I had high expectations. The ambience and service did not disappoint. The wine and the appetizers and table bread were all fantastic. My wife and I both had filet's, and we both had the same feeling about them. They were done perfectly, very tender, and a great cut. But I guess the best way to put it is that they just weren't very tasty. We both thought they were a little bland, honestly. The waiter said Ruth's Chris only season their steaks with salt and pepper, so that may be why. Since everything else we had was great, I would like to go back sometime and try one of their other non beef meals, like seafood or chicken.

Bbeaulieu, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Ed!

Thank you for dining with us. We understand the high expectations you have, and we do our best to deliver for every single guest. While we do only season our steaks with salt, pepper, and butter, we feel simplicity is best in order to showcase the particular cut of meat you choose. Filets tend to be the most tender cut, while a Ribeye is where you'll find the most flavor due to its fat content. Our seafood and chicken options are phenomenal as well, but we certainly want to invite you back to try another cut that you might enjoy the flavor of a little bit more. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 2 March 2018

I attended the Prisoner wine dinner here. I don't usually drop this kind of money on dinner but I knew I would love the wines and wanted to try the restaurant-I certainly was not disappointed. Our server, Owen, was friendly and attentive and the food was just out of this world! I am a dessert girl and I found the wine dinner dessert meh, but everything else was so on point that I will indeed return again!

1  Thank darcya33764
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Went with my 2 kids hoping to sneak in for happy hour in the bar and treat the kids to what I was expecting would be a fantastic cheeseburger comprised of high quality meat & preparation in-line with what you would anticipate from a Ruth's Chris. The bar was packed so we ended up in the dining area which I did not mind. The kids each got the sliders and that's where the disappointment begins. The sliders were over-cooked (ordered medium) with not an ounce of pink. I tasted the sliders and they undoubtedly were pre-cooked and reheated. They were awful. My kids even said the burgers stunk and unfortunately I had to agree although I tried to put a positive spin on things for the kids sake. I had two apps- the spicy shrimp and the ahi tuna. The spicy shrimp was good while the ahi tuna was average. Just didn't care much for their sauce they use to accompany it. The tuna itself was good quality and had nice color to it. Overall, the food was a bit disappointing. The kids sliders were a bit embarrassing. My apps were average. Overall, wont be in rush to go back here. If you cant cook sliders, I worry about the ability to cook a great steak. Sorry Ruth.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

I came here for the happy hour with my mom after work and it was fantastic! The drinks and apps are all $9, but the appetizers are full size and not the typical smaller sizes at happy hour. The food was wonderful and Marc, the bartender was fantastic. There is a dress code in this place, no tank tops or baseball caps, but it is totally worth it. It is easy to see from the street and has a parking lot.

1  Thank SammiDeRosa
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Everything was excellent. Appetizers, steaks, sides, dessert - all terrific. I pointed out an error on my steak order (they brought me smaller medallions of beef filet instead of the ordered small regular filet) and though I would have been fine with what they served, they immediately took it back and brought the correct cut. Not a place you go very often unless you are on a corporate expense account but the quality is certainly discernible. Great place for my small business to bring key employees and splurge for a great steak and holiday dinner.

1  Thank Rod C