“Delicious panini and great coffee!”
Review of Bank Street Tavern - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bank Street Tavern
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Description: relatively new...since September 2010.
Description: relatively new...since September 2010.
Reviewed 17 January 2012

A good place for coffee and a relaxing and informal lunch; there are always interesting people there and plenty of newspapers to browse through whlst you're waiitng for your cappucino to cool down.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Worst service in new Milford by far. Very average and overpriced food

3  Thank frohicke63
Reviewed 16 May 2011

if your looking for a nice dining experience in a charming lowkey atmosphere this is the place! Attentive staff that is oh so helpful. A great menu also!! Something for everyone. I'd recommend the Tuna there it's very good, pan seared if I'm not mistaken in a nice flaky bread crumb crust. Theres also a variety of Live Music there and reall a nice spot where dining is located on both floors of this Rustic old former Textile Factory. Very original.!! Two Thumbs UP!!

3  Thank Fonzy100
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I went to brunch at the Bank Street Tavern for Mother's day and what a treat it turned out to be. The atmosphere was nice and the wait staff was really friendly and made us feel at home.
The brunch menu was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I had the "Hot Brown", a generous portion that had a slice of french toast as a base. It was covered with melted parasean cheese, with tomato and what seemed like a half a pack of bacon. Ok, so I wasn't worrying about my waist line or cholesterol. It was AMAZING! They had other items like that on the menu that I can't quite pronounce, but trust me when I tell you, they were outstanding. My girlfriend and mother had them and they were quite satisfied. The food you get is the type you find in a big city like Boston or New York. You know it's better that quality food. Top shelf but not at big city prices. I'd recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank redbull15
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Absolutely horrible. At first glance I thought "hey another tasteful restaurant" but don't judge this book by it's cover. They've got the atmosphere part down but the food, prices and service are a whole other story. To start our waitress was less than attentive. I've worked in fine dining and know that it wasn't a matter of being short staffed. She was unknowledgable about the menu and the bartender served bad drinks. The orange on my beer was rotten and foul. When I went to take a sip I cringed away. That should have been an indicator of how dissapointing the meal would be but the menu sounded very appealing. We ate there on a Thursday night, not a very slow day of the week but they were out of moules/mussels. I can understand on a Sunday or Monday but going into the weekend? The rest of the meals had tiny portions and the one scallop I receieved as an apetizer was not of very good quality and over priced. The Boulder's Inn (which too has its flaws) has an excellent scallop appetizer and blew the plate from Bank Street Tavern out of the water. If you are looking for a restaurant with this kind of atmosphere but with way better food and service go to The Village in Litchfield.

2  Thank nwctchica