“next trip to this area will not be at holiday inn”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
A TripAdvisor Member
catskill new york
Reviewed 21 April 2006

myself mother and two children ages 4 and 7 stayed 2 nights to visit mystic connecticut.
I made a reservation for a non-smoking room and even though the room itself was non-smoking other rooms next to us was not so smoke was smelled all around us. Next they give the children free coupons for dinner and breakfast. At this holiday inn their not worth the paper their printed on. Dinner was in the lounge next to the bar with one woman running the whole show. I dont care to have my young daughters eating dinner with men guzzling drinks not family friendly! Next morning breakfast we waited and waited finally getting juice and coffee they said they were short handed what else was new. The waitress was cleaning tables this and that and still didnt get our order the place was empty except for one man behind us. I finally asked can we order oh one minute I actually got better service and competence at McDonalds up the street. The only good thing I can say about this hotel was it was clean. Clean just isnt enough.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 4 March 2006

It was hard to find, but it was a very nice place. The rooms were large but the toilet was short(very low). I stayed here to go to the Mohegan Sun casino. The pool was closed when I tried to go at first, but it opened later. The pool and jacuzzi are across a walkway from most of the hotel rooms with no dressing room, so you might freeze on your way there. Bring a robe. Breakfast was nice but the restaurant wasn't open the rest of the day. There's an Outback next door. If the price is right, its a good clean stay.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank colonialmist
A TripAdvisor Member
New Mexico
Reviewed 6 January 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my family after to visiting family for the holidays. Although, I prefer to travel in the summer, it was a great time to see the Mystic Aquarium and the Seport. The weather was pretty mild for Dec. and the attractions were not crowded like on a typical summer day. The hotel is right off Interstate 95 so it was easy access to Mystic. We also stopped off at both casinos. Both are within 20 minutes of the hotel. The Pequot Museum was great for the kids. The hotel was perfect for what we were looking for. There is a restaurant on property and the kids eat free. The omlettes were the best that I have had in a long time! The kids really enjoyed the indoor pool. We will definitely be returning in the summer for vacation!

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 September 2005

We received this hotel on Priceline and ended up being very pleased. Room was clean and large, location close to I-95. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2005
5  Thank Bliss658
Reviewed 1 March 2004

We got an internet special rate of $77 (even cheaper than AAA). The photo of the motel looked nice, so we took a chance. I requested early arrival time, and they were able to accommodate us at 11:30 when we checked in. No elevator. If you are on the second floor be prepared to carry your suitcases up. It was close to Mohegan Sun (15 min) and Foxwoods (20 min). The motel was renovated last year, so the rooms are clean and very nicely decorated. If you have breafast in the restaurant there, be prepared to get hit with a big bill ($27 + tip for 2 people even with the "special"). Coffee is separate, as is juice. They fill up a large glass on the table with Tropicana OJ, without telling you that it will cost $3.50, and before you even look at a menu. (I could buy a half-gallon at that price!) There is an Outback next door and a shopping center next to that. Good location. It is on I-95 with a back entrance on a side street which makes getting in and out easy. But, it is really quite a nice motel for the price.

22  Thank Frances C
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford
4.3 km away
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK