Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
US$ 144
Travelocity
US$ 118
Hampton.com
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskhardwood floorsfree wifiwould stay here againneeded anythingcheck in was quickfew monthsflat screen tvmy fiancenothing fancyoff the highwaykeep in mindmystic seaportconnecticut collegestayed one nightchecking in
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This Red Roof Inn is a bit on the shabby side, but the staff are pleasant and the price can't be beat--especially on Memorial Day weekend. While the rooms could use an update, ours was clean and comfortable, and we had fresh towels and toiletries each day without having to ask (and they didn't mind cleaning around our pet cages). The location of the hotel is great(though they could use more signage at the hotel entrance) easy on and off the highway and less than fifteen minutes to the local attractions. My friend and our pets certainly feel comfortable staying here again the next time we visit the area.

Room Tip: There are "deluxe" double and "superior" king rooms that have fridges for an additional $10/night. This is convenient for food/drinks in the room and important if you are traveling with medicines that need to stay cold(we were). Also we asked for a room on the side away from the highway facing side and it was perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Branwen R
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed in the Red Roof during a recent family weekend getaway to Mystic aquarium and seaport. For the price you can't find a better location with its proximity of all the attractions. Its very close to the casinos, Mystic aquarium and seaport. Lots of stores nearby as well as a great beach with boardwalk. Easy on/off route I-95.
We were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean and comfortable room. Clean sheets, towels, coffee maker, microwave and fridge in room are some of the amenities. Comfortable beds, coffee/tea in the room, very pleasant staff, easy check in. I mean what else can you ask for?! and for the price you can't go wrong. Go 5 miles closer to the attractions and you would pay 3 times or more for similar room.

Overall, a very comfortable and pleasant stay. Would definitely go back to this property.

Room Tip: Go for the premium rooms..
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Gene F
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed in this Red Roof Inn during a recent business trip at the Mohegan Sun. The rooms have no amenities at all anywhere ( no iron, no hair dryer, no laundry bags, no on site laundry, no microwave in rooms or in lobby area to heat up food or coffee or anything that requires re heating). The management when asked if they had a microwave on site said the hotel was sold out and any rooms that might have a hairdryer or iron are occupied.
Also, they offer cheap rates and when I stayed here they had a Coast Guard Academy occupying the majority of the rooms and were noisy and left beer cans and pizza boxes all over the parking lot. I was here on a business trip and had to get up early and complained to management who did nothing and didn't offer to refund my money or offer a free night stay.
There are better motels in the area for the budget conscious traveler who offer better service and on site amenities where you can get a better nights sleep.

Room Tip: ask for amenities before hand if you are going to waste your money here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

I apologize your stay was less than perfect. All our rooms have iron and ironing board , hair dryers and coffee makers. There may not have been a microwave and microfridge in your room because only our Superior King rooms have microwaves and microfridges. You are correct that we do not have a microwave in our lobby area. We do have a microwave in our employee break room we could have accommodated if our guest asks. Again, I apologize your stay was not as comfortable as you could have hoped. Please do check out our brand website for the rooms that feature the amenities you are looking for. As far the Coast Guard Academy guests being noisy and littering, we take this behavior very seriously. We have occasional noise disturbances and do our best to prevent these disturbances from disrupting our guests. Regardless if on business or pleasure, all guest stays are important. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the near future. Please contact me directly at the hotel so I may be able to arrange a better stay with us next time.
Thank you.

Dmitry Zilbershtyn, GM

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Not the best, but tolerable if need be..

Semi-affordable accommodations in a small city where your options are very limited.

I slept okay. Coffee and local phone calls were free, but nothing else.

Customer service was annoying. Clerk at the front desk stood there and chatted on the phone with her boyfriend/girlfriend/significant other for 10 minutes while I stood there trying to check in.

Lady --- deal with your issues at home. It's not really acceptable.

Also, people were there "partying" all weekend --- hookers, drugs, drinking binges, people arguing and fighting, etc.. (So, it felt kinda trashy)..

If Management cares --- they should clean that stuff up. Fortunately, I had no kids with me.

If you bite the bullet and stay here:

The SEAT bus line is a block away on the corner of Bayonet Street and Hawthorne Drive, if public transit is needed. There's a Chinese restaurant and a convenience store on that corner too.

New London Shopping Center is one block away across the bridge over I-95, if you need sundries, groceries, or shopping for clothing (at Burlington).

Gridlock Grille or Goldy's (or whatever they're calling it these days) is another block away next to the shopping center if you want another restaurant.

All are within walking distance.

Rooms were acceptable --- although rough around the edges. Furniture was worn, towels were well-used.

No bedbugs or roaches were felt or seen.

With all the B.S. going on here all weekend --- keep your doors locked in this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank sanfranciscan74
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for contacting us via TRIP ADVISOR about concerns you had about your stay in August 2011. I want to take the time to personally address the concerns you had about your visit in the New London area.

I certainly don't want your stay to be tolerable. I have recently taken over as General Manager of this location in September so I apologize for any poor experience you had during the late summer last year.

Almost all the original staff members in August are no longer working at this location. I trust you will be pleasantly surprised on your next visit the changes that have been made at this location. We feel that our location offers our guest a comfortable stay at a reasonable price.

On Trip Advisor we can not quote our rates but I would suggest logging on to our brand website of redroof.com for any special promotions or offers that might be available.

There are many different promotions running at different times. Also based on any affiliations with different groups additional discounts are offered as well. I do want to address your concerns about the ammenities in the room.

All our rooms do offer at no charge to our guest free w-ifi service in addition to the coffee and local calls you mentioned. All our rooms do offer at no charge to our guest free long distance calls. This is a brand standard at all Red Roof Inns across the country.

I wish there was more details about the poor customer service issues you experienced. As mentioned almost my employees are new since August (your stay period).

As far as the front desk, none of the past employeesare with me. With this said, I apologize for any lack of service delivered to you. I take customer service to heart and my staff understands and delivers exceptional service from the housekeeping team member to the front desk member.

I will not tolerate any non work related issues that take place at this location as we are here at this location to serve our guests and there is a time and place for employees to handle their personal issues. Concerning the guest partying at the hotel.
This is also not acceptable behavior if it's done in a manner that disturbs other guests. This hotel does not tolerate any illegal activities and if such activities are made know to the management team,
I assure you we will address this immediately for the safety of all our valued guests. and Not the best, but tolerable if need be. Public transporation in the city of New London is not as readily available than perhaps from your hometown of San Francisco, CA.

I've traveled to San Francisco before and it is a great city for public transportation. Most needs of travelers are very convienent. Our city does have many wonderful things to offer. I hope this email finds you well and on behalf of my team members
I hope you will find another opportunity to visit our great city in the near future. Should you need any information on attractions and restaurants, my front desk team and myself are ready to be of service to you in the near future.

Regards,

Dmitry Zilbershtyn, GM

Red Roof Inn

New London, CT

Reviewed 19 December 2011

A friend of mine recommended the Red Roof Inn to me because I was going to a concert at the Mohegan Sun Arena and was considering an overnight stay somewhere. She had told me how she stays there every year when the Ms Connecticut Pageant is going on. She said how clean and nice it is and the price is very reasonable. So...I took her advice and made a reservation. I was so happy I did. My daughter and I had a great night sleep in a nice clean and comfortable room. You can't get breakfast there but there is great coffee in the lobby anytime you want. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced place to stay.

Room Tip: My daughter and I stayed in a non-smoking room. It was clean and fresh.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family