All reviews across the street dvd player parking situation yale university george street business center wine and cheese street parking walking distance nice hotel nice lobby room key front desk staff crackers buffet breakfast per day hotel is centrally located
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean and decent. Located at a very good location. Slightly high priced but was worth the stay as it was a last minute decision by us to stay there. The house keeping staff looked unhappy but the front desk were smiling. Lots of restaurants close by to chose from and the Yale university campus was walking distance.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Staff are unfriendly. When we arrived it was after hours (for them that is apparently 10 pm) and no one at front desk so we had to wait for a guest to let us in. Almost always a line at front desk. No one cleaned our room so we returned to an unmade room. When I asked at front desk they said we must have had do not disturb sign on (we did not.) They sent up an “engineer” (no housekeeping staff at 5 pm) who basically just left us some towels. No room service and restaurant only open for expensive breakfast. Rooms are basically Hampton Inn quality at best. For the price it is completely not worth it. At $300 plus a night room service would be a good idea. The exercise room is decent is about the only positive thing I can say.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2018

The hotel is centrally located for visiting many downtown locations and attractions. It is in the heart of the Yale University district. There are numerous restaurants and cafes within walking distance and it is only a few blocks from The Green. Rooms were nicely appointed, very clean, and the beds were super comfortable. Desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Price was quite reasonable for location.

Room tip: Book early. Would definitely stay here again.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Was having a conference in the city and use this hotel for conference speakers. What a nice place. The place was clean and in an area that was close to the downtown stores and restaurants. Will definitely use this place again. The staff is super friendly and helpful. This should be a model hotel for the area. Well job New Haven Hotel!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I just checked into this hotel. I’ve never in my life been treated so badly checking into a hotel. I believe the woman’s name was sondi at the front desk. My girlfriend works at Yale and so we frequently stay at hotels in new haven. When we need some sleep in between a night shift and the next morning shift we stay in town. The woman asked for the reservation name and I told her. Then when she asked for my identification she immediately got an attitude with me and said i told her the wrong name. I told her she never asked my name even though my name was on the check in and my girlfriend had let them know I would be checking in. Next she accused me of being belligerent and said I couldn’t check in?! I calmly tried to remind her that she did not ask my name and either way we are both on the check in. She continued to be extremely rude as if I had done something wrong. I will never be back. I’m shocked that an employee would have this attitude toward a guest and it just shows that this hotel is low class and undeserving of any business from anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018