All reviews across the street dvd player parking situation yale university george street business center wine and cheese street parking walking distance nice hotel nice lobby room key front desk staff crackers buffet breakfast per day hotel is centrally located
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Was having a conference in the city and use this hotel for conference speakers. What a nice place. The place was clean and in an area that was close to the downtown stores and restaurants. Will definitely use this place again. The staff is super friendly and helpful. This should be a model hotel for the area. Well job New Haven Hotel!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

I just checked into this hotel. I’ve never in my life been treated so badly checking into a hotel. I believe the woman’s name was sondi at the front desk. My girlfriend works at Yale and so we frequently stay at hotels in new haven. When we need some sleep in between a night shift and the next morning shift we stay in town. The woman asked for the reservation name and I told her. Then when she asked for my identification she immediately got an attitude with me and said i told her the wrong name. I told her she never asked my name even though my name was on the check in and my girlfriend had let them know I would be checking in. Next she accused me of being belligerent and said I couldn’t check in?! I calmly tried to remind her that she did not ask my name and either way we are both on the check in. She continued to be extremely rude as if I had done something wrong. I will never be back. I’m shocked that an employee would have this attitude toward a guest and it just shows that this hotel is low class and undeserving of any business from anyone.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Benjamin L
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I had stayed recently in New Haven Hotel twice, was a decent stay for the price, Room was neat and clean, parking situation was convenient, hotel is close to Yale and walking distance to places to eat. I first had a executive king room, with sleeper which had more space, but bit more expensive. The 2nd time I went I chose a king guest room, smaller but about 20$ cheaper, which was actually more preferable. Overall good stay and parking and would go back there again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2018

After a day of navigating: a ferry to NYC, shuttle, NJ Transit, Dinky, NJ Transit, and AMTRAK, I missed the last train to Springfield by one train. In a last ditch effort with rain pouring into the AMTRAK car, I wrestled with spotty internet and a dying cell phone to find a hotel where I could crash in New Haven -- somewhere near the train station.

The New Haven Hotel was soothing as soon as I walked in the door at a quarter to midnight. The attendant was kind (and remembered me when I saw her at the other end of her shift in the morning). The decor had art-deco appeal, sophisticated and soothing. My room felt solid, calm, unexpectedly spacious. It didn't have check-box amenities, but the things I really needed: a massaging hot shower; free wifi that was effortless to connect to and actually high speed; air conditioning that turned-on with a switch and had the room de-humidified, pleasant and ready to sleep in within minutes. I have a freakishly sensitive nose which had been battered all day by smoke, perfume, and bathroom masking toxins. The air in my room was scent free heaven. The black-out curtains blacked-out all light, and I slept soundly in a room that was pitch dark and quiet. In the morning, there was good fresh coffee in the lobby with real half & half in the lobby. It was laid-out before the restaurant opened. There was a laptop table and comfortable gathering spaces where I could make travel arrangements while waiting for breakfast, a business center with several high quality terminals and a printer for the tickets, and a buffet that was reasonably priced (especially after NYC) with high quality everything, especially the giant bowl of fresh berries. I find that I am scheming to find an excuse to return to this hotel just because it is so good in this day and age to be in a place that does what it says it will do and does it well.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I Recently dropped off my daughter for a one week work shop at Yale. Our first time in New Haven. Stayed at The New Haven Hotel with my wife and daughter. Check in was easy and the front desk staff couldn’t do enough to be helpful. Shops and restaurants were within walking distance. The room was modern and clean and they had a cheese and wine hour in the lobby (that they have for free every night). The three of us walked to dinner and were perfectly safe as the hotel and its surroundings are in a nice neighborhood. It is 5 minutes from Yale. There is a restaurant in the hotel also. We will definitely stay again on our next trip to New Have.