All reviews street side king suite small gym marriott courtyard convenient location rooms are clean and comfortable parking garage within walking distance front desk staff shower curtain stay there again street noise college visit per night fitness center easy access hotel restaurant
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm giving this hotel 4-stars because of the staff. Front desk staff was wonderful and one of the managers, Emilio was excellent.

My only caveat is that the rooms facing the street - as ours were - can be loud since you're in a city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
emejias, Manager at Courtyard New Haven at Yale, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi A5885UQann,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our property.

We appreciate your very kind words on our staff. We always strive to provide memorable services to all of our guests and even when things do not go quite as planned, we ensure to make it right for all. See you soon here in New Haven!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I showed up on a last minute reservation and this place was unreal. From the front desk lady (forgot her name) to the restaurant staff (Michael and Sarah- I think) who took care of me throughout my entire experience. Honestly was just looking for a burger and a beer and they were so friendly and hospitable that I ended up staying a lot longer. Huge fan of this place ...ill be back shortly.

Room Tip: You won't regret it, awesome place.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
emejias, Manager at Courtyard New Haven at Yale, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Stevieadjuster,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Courtyard New Haven at Yale! Michael, Sarah and Michelle work hard every day to ensure the best of guest satisfaction and I am glad to hear they created a great experience for you during your time with us. See you soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is a quick ride from the train station and easy waking distance to the Yale campus. Very convenient with nicely appointed rooms that at $225+ fall under my definition of expensive but not luxury. The hotel does not have a full restaurant but a Bistro. The Bistro has a very limited menu that lists calorie counts but not prices. . Prices are on a board above the counter where you order- except for wine prices. For those you have to identify a wine on the menu and the counter person can look it up on the computer. Very odd. I had dinner - chicken pot pie with little chicken- and breakfast -eggs with pre-cooked potatoes. My recommendation: eat out! But the location means that I will definitely return when I visit Yale.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo

Hi Nina S,

Thank for reviewing our hotel here in the heart of New Haven.

I am so sorry that our Bistro did not meet your expectations for food accommodations. In the future, our front office team who is well knowledgeable of the area, has many recommendations for the various restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

When I last stayed at this hotel in 1980, it was not a Marriott. I seem to recall it was only three stories tall and not the existing eight. This hotel is very near Yale and was filled with people related to the first days of the Freshmen dorm opening.

The lobby is nice. It was clearly refurbished recently. The breakfast is by ordering and not a buffet (I think I tend to prefer buffets at this stage in my life).

The rooms are a little small (Courtyard sized, if I must say so). They were quiet and the bathrooms were recently updated. The rooms were quiet and had great shades.

The major reason I cannot rate this hotel higher is the parking. The spaces are the smallest I have sever seen (and I have seen some small spaces!). My stepson had to retract his side mirrors on his car to fit in the space. The bride and groom had to exist the car via the tailgate. When I parked, I had to let my wife off BEFORE I put the car into the parking space.

Room Tip: We got a room at the end.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HPLowry
Reviewed 25 August 2018

The service at this place IS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! Rooms not cleaned without a call. Bars and snack areas not staffed! Calls to front desk don't get answered. Nobody seems to care. From a customer service experience, this was one of the worst I ever experienced.

STAY AWAY!! Really!!

Room Tip: Quiet rooms do not offset the terrible service.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Emilio M, Manager at Courtyard New Haven at Yale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hello Martin S,

I am extremely sorry to hear that your past stay did not meet expectations at any level. It is never our intention to provide services that are sub par and do not exceed your-or-our expectations. We thank you for the honest feedback of your experience and look to improve with the hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with superior service.