“nice atmosphere on the water”
Review of Sage American Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Sage American Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Wallingford, CT
“nice atmosphere on the water”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stopped by Sage American Grill to listen to a jazz trio that was planning there and to have a glass of wine and some dessert. We had never been here before. The location is right on the water. Although it was dark when we arrived, they had decorated all of the evergreen trees outside the windows and they cast a nice flickering glow on the water. The fireplace was roaring. There really isn't a bad seat in the restaurant and it is pretty small and all tables would have a good view of the water. Our dessert was excellent. We plan to return for dinner at another time.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank 712christineg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

CT
“Average”
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Was there for dinners and brunch. Service was poor at times and food was so-so. Not sure we would return again. Location is great though.

HAMDEN
“GREAT PLACE FOR A PARTY.”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We had a baby shower and it was just beautiful. The food was excellant and we had a server Mike who tended to our every need. No matter what we needed or wanted he always had a smile and said no problem. Many at the function had never been to Sage but talked about coming back. I give it 5 forks our of 4!!! excellant and what a view of the water. It is like paradise! We also go there for dinners often. and we are never disappointed. We love Sage and we will always return. It is a must visit for some great food. Because of the location, it is restful and absolutly beautiful.

• Visited October 2011
Hamden, Connecticut
“just plain awful”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I used to be a regular at Sage for many years, I left for one year and came back to a sad state of affairs. I have been twice in the past 3 months for brunch. The service that I enjoyed has completely evaporated. This past time, our server completely forgot about us and we waited while they set up a tacky, ugly island themed dance party out on the deck. It was insulting. Fortunately the one server who knew me from stopping by so frequently in the past, Clearance, picked up his coworkers slack and got us served after waiting almost an hour to place an order. Unfortunately we were served hardboiled eggs in place of poached eggs, slightly rancid crab meat that we didn't bother eating after the first bite, and a well done, dry strip steak that would bounce if you dropped it on the floor. I seriously wanted to get up and leave without paying because I did not feel that I had been served anything edible. However, I resigned to being respectful and never returning there. I suggest you all take heed and avoid the abyss that Sage has become

• Visited June 2011
“Beautiful view!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I love Sage. The value is great. I got a salad, even though I was starving. I was so happy to see what a good size the salad was. It was perfect! People say it's not healthy, which is somewhat true. Mostly everything is fried there, but my salad was fresh, and very healthy. The view was amazing, and so was the food. Great place!