“Great Italian Food.”

Ranked #16 of 588 Restaurants in New Haven
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our entire staff warmly welcomes you to Brazi's Italian Restaurant! At Brazi's, we are all about family. Our extensive menu includes a variety of pasta, steak and traditional favorites such as eggplant parmesan, antipasto and bruschetta al pomodoro. Without compromising an exceptional dining experience, Brazi's gives a flare to outstanding Italian dishes. Needless to say, our bar is always fully stocked! Whether you prefer a quiet business lunch, a cocktail before dinner or a full-scale private event, we will strive to make your experience with us unique and memorable!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I shared a eggplant rollatini app. two large rollatini's could have been a meal, I chose the risotto al mare which was loaded with great seafood very well presented, my wife chose the filet of sole Florentine which was done to perfection. The pepperoni rolls were to die for, our server was very knowledgeable of the menu and not trying to push any entrée, very good parking, very clean and friendly staff, if you want good Italian don't miss this restaurant, can't wait to return.

Val C, Manager at Brazi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you, Patrick! We are thrilled the eggplant rollatini and risotto hit the spot. Happy the filet impressed you as well. we hope you'll be back for another incredible meal soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped at Brazi's for lunch. We had a choice of extra large cheeseburger with fries. Chefs salad. Pizza with pasta fasuli or an eggplant sub. All were delicious and the service was excellent. I recommend this Resturant. Great place !!

Val C, Manager at Brazi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you! So glad we could get you a delicious lunch! We hope you'll be back for some stellar service and amazing salad, pizza, and pasta soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We were told this was the best Italian restaurant in New Haven. I certainly hope not.

The chicken my husband had was good. But my eggplant parm was one of the worst I have ever eaten--which I stopped eating midway. It was soggy, greasy, and not prepared well at all. My pasta was way overcooked, not al dente.

I will say they have whole wheat crust brick oven pizza, so I might give that a chance.

But, for pasta and eggplant, we will be looking for another Italian choice next time, even though this one is close to Long Wharf Theatre and very convenient. That was why we chose it. But, way overpriced for inferior food. Maybe the chef needs to visit Italy--which after I have had that experience, I have to say, I am spoiled for anything not great. But, this place could not stand on its own even if I had not been to Rome. Sorry Brazi--I know you can do better.

1  Thank Marjorie S
Val C, Manager at Brazi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you, Marjorie, for trying out our place! We are sorry that our pasta and eggplant parm was not up to our usual standard. We know we can get you an amazing meal, and we hope you'll be back to try our pizza sometime.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We've eaten at Brazi's multiple times as it is our go to place when we visit the Ikea store down the street. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal there. I love the veal parmigiana but have tried many different items on the menu. The staff is always very friendly and you can tell by the many parties that are always taking place there that Brazi's is also a local favorite. Food is always delicious!!

1  Thank swtraveler15
Val C, Manager at Brazi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you! So glad our place impressed you so much. Happy the Veal Parmigiana hit the spot. We hope you'll be back for another incredible meal soon!

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

They out did themselves again. The food was excellent, our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. Excellent meal from start to finish.

Val C, Manager at Brazi's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Thank you, FrannyDe! So glad we could exceed your expectations! We hope you'll be back for another excellent meal soon!