“Great Value and Fun Experience”
Review of Taste of New Haven

Taste of New Haven
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in New Haven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take a Taste of New Haven! Connecticut’s premiere culinary and leisure activity offers residents and tourists alike a one-of-a-kind cultural adventure. We run group and private walking tours, biking tours, cooking classes, food festivals, galas, history and architecture tours! -Corporate Events -Birthday Parties -Bachelorette Parties -School Groups -Senior Centers -Team Building -Conference Groups -Food Festivals -Happy Hour Crawls -Gala Events
Norwalk, CT
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Value and Fun Experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We did the Canal Tour the first weekend of June. It was beautiful day to walk around. Our tour guide Farah was very nice and knowledgeable - I have been to New Haven many times and she took us around to many places I have never been before and told us about the interesting history of the city and many of the buildings. The food was great and I was stuffed by the end of it. The absolute highlight was the pulled pork sandwich at Zafra's, the Cuban restaurant. It was amazing. Also great was the little cheese shop they took us to, Caseus. We tried some samples of sheep's milk cheese, machego(?), that was excellent. I bought a half pound on the spot. The frozen yogurt/Gelato hybrid at Pure Health Lounge was delicous. Everything was good, but those were my favorites. I was too stuffed by the end too really enjoy the food at Anna Liffey’s, but I was really impressed by the ambience there and would definitely go back for some Irish food and a Guiness. Overall, considering the amount of food and all the new places you learn about, this tour is a great value. My wife and I learned alot about where to go in New Haven (Farah also gave us some tips on where to go for Sushi, Thai, etc.), so now when we go out in New Haven, we go to some different places besides getting pizza every time.

1 Thank dr456
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

New Haven, Connecticut
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great value, great fun!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Colin did a great job on his inaugural New Haven theater district tour! He was very nice, funny, dynamic, and engaging. Trained as a historian and architect, and being from New Haven, he knew his New Haven history and architecture quite well! Colin wasn't kidding that the tour would last 3-4 hours, but the time passed by so quickly we all wanted to stay for longer! We stopped by Bar pizza for their famous mashed potato and bacon pizza and their home brewed beer. We then did a quick tour of the New Haven Green and some famous landmarks along the way to JoJo's Cafe for some very special desserts, coffee, and tea. After that we proceeded to Gilt Moroccan restaurant for some appetizers and sangria. This was followed by a pit stop at the Wine Thief for a wine tasting. We finished at Kelly's (Irish pub) for a very nice sit-down savory meal and more beer. I learned so much about food, history of various famous buildings and landmarks in downtown New Haven, and had such a wonderful time that I would love to come back for another one of his food tours in another district.

Derby, Connecticut
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I went on the June 2nd tour for our anniversary. Farah was our tour guide she is so knowledgeable and soo much fun. The other couples were also alot of fun. There wasnt as much walking as I thought there would be, there was alot of food!!! Our 2 favorite places were Zafras and Anna Liffys. Anna Liffys offered the most food and their shepherd's pie was DELICIOUS. We will be planning to attend all the other tours Colin offers with Taste of New Haven, this is a fabulous way to spend a saturday afternoon/evening. Our tour began at 3pm and ended around 7:30pm at Anna Liffys we enjoyed the food and the other couples company; everyone was very friendly and we got to know one another. Thank you all who attended the tour June 2nd for making our anniversary AMAZING, most of all thank you FARAH and Colin.

New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“History filled culinary adventure”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We joined Colin on the Canal Quarter tour at the end of February for an excellent time. The walking tour is filled with great information about the rich history New Haven has to offer and there are definitely some great stories to be told. The tour brought us to a number of great establishments, both new and old, and really revealed some of the great food and beverage spots just slightly off of the beaten path.

I have been coming to New Haven for dining and imbibing for over a decade and there were a few places we stopped I had never heard about. The tour is a wonderful way to explore the city and its rich history so that these things don't remain a secret.

Colin lead our tour and his knowledge, respect, and love for the city truly came out as he led us through the streets of New Haven pointing out historical facts, architectural design, ancient lore, and just plain entertaining stories - not to mention the great food and drink along the way. A fun and fulfilling experience that I look forward to recommending to friends.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank D G
Meriden, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great food, great facts, great time”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

If you love food and the history of New Haven, this is definately a must to do....Colin Caplan is very entertaining and knowledgable with many of the places we all probably drove by but never had any idea of their signifigance......We will definately try out some of the restaurants that we visited today.......We cannot wait to the next time to do this

Visited February 2012