“Great saag”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 February 2016

I love the saag at Taste of India. The chicken tikka masala is also excellent. He'll do both eat-in and takeout. It's small and unassuming but worth the meal.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

I've been to Indian restaurants from Maine to Florida over the last 25+ yrs. and I have found, in general that the restaurants with the best chutneys usually serve better quality food and take pride in their cooking. The chutneys here were not very good. Also raita was thin and watered down. The sauce on my Navrattan Korma did tast very good, however, I expected the vegetables to be fresh. This had at least some frozen vegetables (machine cut carrots always a giveaway, along with flat Italian green beans). The broccoli and cauliflower may have been fresh but everything was pre-cooked. I know that because the meal was obviously microwaved and I had a few very cold bites where the food didn't get heated. I also found fibery, chewy pieces of broccoli stems in the sauce. My partner's meal included tender tandoori chicken pieces but lamb that was very dry and overcooked. The garlic Naan was not as good as other restaurants and bread supposedly stuffed with peas and potatoes had almost nothing inside. It appeared that the server was also doing the cooking, as he would disappear for awhile and then come out with dishes to deliver to tables. We had been there a long time before water was even brought to the table, which was puzzling (and annoying) until we realized it was likely a "one man band." After receiving entrees we had to wait until after the people next to us were served their entrees before Naan bread was brought. Not the worst restaurant experience but nothing that said, "Come back again."

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

We were staying at Mystic Inn and this place is just a block away. It's not much to look at from the outside and frankly the insides not much either. We are from the Uk and are a bit nervous of lack of taste in Indian food served in the USA but this was as we expected, fresh and very correctly spiced. The naan bread was excellent.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

My girlfriend and I have visited Taste of India several times and have always enjoyed it. It's a quaint hole in the wall that is modestly decorated and has Indian music videos playing on the satellite TV. Once inside you are greeted by the owner who is a gracious little tan man with bright friendly eyes. My girlfriend always chooses from the menu but I always ask for the owner's suggestion. We have never been disappointed. The food is amazing with subtle layers of flavors intricately woven into culinary masterpieces. Although beer and wine is available BYOB is also allowed. If you like Indian food you will love this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Me and the missus visited this on a quiet Saturday evening! It's a nice, cozy (some might feel cramped) place to have freshly made indian food. You can smell the spices and other delicious aromas while your meal is being made and the owner is a nice friendly person. I believe this is a BYOB place, you might want to check though.

The paneer tikka masala and naan combination is to die for.

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK