“One of my Close Favorites”

Mango's Wood-Fired Pizza Co.
Ranked #24 of 103 Restaurants in Mystic
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Description: Old World, Wood-Fired Pizzas, Salads, Sandwiches & a huge selection of the finest craft beers!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been here a number of times, and have never been disappointed. I've tried a few different pizzas here, my favorite being the Margherita. It's normally quite busy here on weekends and some weekday evenings, but service doesn't fall short because of it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place was very good. Stopped in after the aquarium for a bite and it hit the spot. Had wings, pizza , salads. Brews , wine. Lots of good thing on the menu. pizza was wood fired and definitely delicious. Spacious enough for a group. No complaints. Definitely stop by if your hungry. It will satisfy!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped here for pizza after a morning at the aquarium with the kids. Pizza was very good and, our server Beth, provided excellent service!! Pizza was more of a thin crust which we prefer. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I took my family here after being totally disgusted with Christos, across the street in Mystic. I found this place and the pizza was very good. Actually had great sauce and cheese. I was so happy that I went here after trying this other place. I would highly recommend people go here if they was pizza near the Mystic Village.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was hoping for a more authentic New York- style pizza and we are going to have to keep searching. The crust is OK, the sauce is better than average but they are using shredded store-bought mozzarella rather than fresh for their margherita pizza which is a rookie mistake.

It's not terrible pizza, but it's not great. The search continues

Stefan A, Owner at Mango's Wood-Fired Pizza Co., responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi, I just wanted to correct something ... we do not use typical low moisture store bought mozzarella, our mozzarella is a fresh mozzarella that is specially dried for high temp ovens like ours. Produced by a small local cheese maker in Connecticut. Not sure where you got that our cheese was typical mozzarella that you find on low grade pies, but you are incorrect.

If you were expecting typical wet, fresh mozzarella - that is different and I understand that, but it is NOT what you said it was.

Anyways - everyone has different taste buds / likes, that is cool.
Just want to be clear what you are actually getting.