“Wow!”

Nora Cupcake Company
Ranked #2 of 8 Bakeries in Middletown
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Mind blowing. I feel like I'm in Greenwich Village nyc. An eclectic space of old school photos , hair dryer chairs and great cupcakes. To die for! Go to this place without hesitation.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Located next door to a storefront church, on the same block as KRUST & O'ROURKES. I venture in for a quick fix this Saturday morning. My ESPRESSO is creamy smooth, requiring no lemon. De-lish. I take just a small cookie with it. I look around. NORA's cupcakes are what little girls & boys dream about for their birthday parties. Come to think of it children of all ages. This shop uses an interesting blend of flavours & ingredients in their cupcakes. Perhaps 12 to DROOL over in the showcase, ie. Mexican Wedding Cupcake [peppery chocolate]; even a SMOKEHOUSE with yummy ganache and real bacon all around the icing. Toppings are thrice the size of the cake beneath, so get set for a taste explosion of sugary icing on your palate. These are beautiful-looking cupcakes. Very busy behind the counter, lots of staff. Wish there would've been more smiles, but its early; they didn't have their happy faces on yet! The store extends to the back where it transports a savvy customer into NYC SONO or CHELSEA. Funky design elements so well put together. Artful and eclectic, even salon dryer seats too. I mention the film DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN. Not a one has heard of it. I explain the film and mention that Madonna is featured. It reminds me of the type of place one would find in the East Village, for example. I offer EAGER patter but there is a lack of interest. Then I feel as if I'm ancient, which I am. Vive la difference! I've enjoyed their cupcakes before. NORA is well-known throughout CT. A genuine treat for those with a SWEET TOOTH; it's a unique spot in Middletown. Plan on bringing your STAR TREK talk. Well, this is early Saturday and the outgoing ebullient university crowd arrives LATE, I should imagine.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

So many to choice from It's so hard to just get 1 Must get at least 6 for yourself. They do have Gluten Free cupcakes. I would order before going down. Check the wbsite would be a big help if you are Gluten Free.Very Helpful service.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Omg what an awesome twist on a cupcake shop! Quirky and fun they also sell coffee drink concoctions and the most outrageous cupcake flavors!! Love the cookie dough filled!!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

The neighborhood is sketchy so be sure to park directly in of the shop. This place is sort of gothic but very hip. The cupcakes are fabulous and the staff is helpful and friendly. There a small tables to sit and eat cupcakes and they had a great selection. Can't wait to return!