“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Meriden
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Great stay”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Meriden with a large group of high school students attending US Squash Nationals. This hotel was an excellent value and was most accommodating for our group. We were able to get rooms close together on the same floor. The students and chaperones were happy with the breakfast selection. Several of our players had early matches on Saturday and Sunday and the hotel opened breakfast service early so that they would be able to eat something before their matches. We really appreciated this personalized service. The hotel was centrally located to many of the schools and universities that we played at and there are restaurants in close driving distance to suit all tastes. All-in-all a very good stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank agtrekker
HIEXMeriden, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you so much for your klnd review of your stay with us. We thoroughly enjoyed having your team here! We were happy to accommodate your breakfast times and send the team off with a good hot breakfast. We look forward to having you back!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
minneapolis MN
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed here to be close to Wesleyan University. I think I would probably find someplace closer and a bit nicer. On the plus side, it was the quickest check in I have ever experienced. The staff were very friendly. Our room was average with very dirty carpet. The breakfast left much to be desired. They had a pancake machine that was broken (but no sign to denote that), really bad omelets, and a very limited selection of other breakfast items. I'm used to actually liking their breakfasts, so I was disappointed. Our room had an issue with the heat- we couldn't cool it down.... very uncomfortable...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
WALDORF
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights after Xmas. I was extremely disappointed to pay over $100 a night to find lacking in the room: missing closet doors!; a bathtub stopper, and a "Do Not Disturb Sign". Also, there was no microwave and frig in the room. These items were extra. Last, my teenagers did not appreciate that the heated indoor pool was not warm.

Also, I did send in a critique of my visit to the hotel via email and have yet to hear from the manager!

I will go back to staying at the Best Western "down the road" in Berlin, Ct. I will get all of the above for less than $100 a night without paying extra for a microwave and frig!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed in rm 324 (top floor away from street) from 1/5/12-1/8/12. There was minimal noise during my stay even on the weekend. Breakfast was good, I enjoyed the complimentary cookies, tea, coffee,& hot chocolate that was provided throughout my stay. During my stay, I encountered a small personal problem during which the on-site manager, Diane Kriegger was more than helpful in helping me solve the problem. Thanks sooo much! My only one complaint would be the heat/ac unit. It runs all night in the on position, which you have to block out the noise to fall asleep. In the auto position, it cuts on/off which woke me up during the first night. Other than that, great, quiet location, good breakfast, & friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012
Sydney
Reviewed 24 December 2011

I was very sick and needed a quiet and comfortable place to rest. I requested a room on the top floor, away from the elevator and she was very willing to oblige and that was great but what surprised me even more was that she was very honest and sympathetic that I was sick and told me that the room I selected was in between rooms that were being worked on (she didn't have to say anything!) and so she and the GM tried to find me another room that was quiet. They ended up giving me a room on the same floor but upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge!

I was extremely grateful for this and the room that I got was extremely large and spacious and nicely renovated. The bed was super comfortable and the heater was great too. I could not have asked for a better stay then this! Full marks to the staff and even the super friendly maintenance guy! You guys should be very proud! The only downside that I think is worth mentioning is the location as its not really handy to much.

Also, to the person who whinged about the alarm clock? Are you serious?! Its not the hotels responsibility to make sure the alarm is set to the off position, grow up and do it yourself!

Room Tip: I used a coupon and was told that each coupon can only be used for one night but there was no mentio...