1,561 results
All reviews director's suite producer suite outdoor pool corner room long walk floor to ceiling windows main casino walk in shower tanger outlets resort fee nice room casino floor high floor alta strada mini bar food court grand pequot
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Stayed at the Fox Tower at Foxwoods on Saturday night, March 10, in a Deluxe King room.

Check-in was easy, though a little daunting as Groupon instructs you to check-in via the VIP desk, which is actually a separate room. I'm not sure if my room assignment/experience was based on the Groupon rate discount (vs. having paid full price on my own), I received a room on the 10th floor facing eastward. No view of the "woods".

Upon exiting the elevator on the 10th floor, there was a noticeable, though faint, displeasing odor. This was a little surprising as it's a non-smoking floor and certainly something of note.

Navigating to the room was simple enough, and I was able to get into my room quickly and easily. The door was a little squeaky, but no big deal. Being able to hear everything down the hallway was much more of a bummer.

The room itself was average, despite the high cost (even through Groupon). This is one of the biggest problems/differences between the CT casino hotels and other gambling locations that I've been to (Vegas, Atlantic City). The hotel rooms are often cost-prohibitive since there are a limited number of rooms and not much competition. The room was on the smaller side, and a bit dated. Lighting in the entryway was poor in both light output and lighting location. The small light was not above the full-length mirror, so it was fairly dark when utilizing the mirror to see what you looked like! The power outlet next to the left side of the bed (when facing it from the foot) ended up not charging my phone overnight (although this was something I didn't realize until it was too late...the next morning). The outlets on the desk did work successfully. The bed itself was average, not horrible but not great; I've had worse, but also much better. The pillows were very dense/stiff.

The bathroom was also decent, with a nice shower, but a small vanity with a single sink and not a ton of counter space.

The two biggest factors for which I've rated this room a 2 vs. a 3 were general experience disappointments. First, housekeeping knocked on what sounded like every single door down the hallway at 10am, and then AGAIN at 10:45am, attempting to gain entry to each room. There were no Do Not Disturb signs, and because you could hear the noise from down the hallway, this was a very poor experience. Additionally, when attempting to access the account system via the TV to review charges and check-out, I was presented with a message "Sorry, hotel account system unavailable" and was instructed to check-out at the front desk.

Check-out itself was fine and quick for a Sunday morning (just after 11am, the Groupon included a 12pm late check-out so I may have missed the 11am check-out rush), and valet was extremely quick to bring my car up to the front.

Overall, the room itself was decent, but not worth the price (though I doubt this will change) and housekeeping attempting to get into every room in the morning was a very poor experience.

Room tip: If you can, try to get a high-floor with west-facing rooms to look out over the expansive forest.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2018

What an awesome experience! My daughter and two of her friends turned 21 and we thought, "what better place to enjoy an exciting, fun time! We played the slots, roullette, we went bowling, shopped and ate and really "fun" places! We really enjoyed "The Sugar Factory" and we also thought the buffet was delicous! We plan on going back again soon and our room was clean, roomy and perfect for our stay!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I stay at the Fox Tower frequently because they are the only hotel at the Resort that will check you in early, prior to the 4pm check in (for the most part). I upgraded to a Producers Suite and I uploaded some photo's of the room. Would I upgrade again? Probably not. The standard room is a replica without the sitting area. All the rooms provide a small refrigerator and the hotel body wash,soap,shampoo, shower cap etc...Reserve a high floor for a better view of the resort.

Room tip: Reserve a high floor for a better view of the resort.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Ok -- here's the disclaimer. I play Poker at Foxwoods, and usually get comped a room during the week. If I have a choice, here's where we stay.

Fox Tower was built when Foxwoods had a now terminated relationship with MGM. This place probably has the nicest rooms in the Foxwoods complex, but it is out of the way. I think it's probably a 1/2 mile walk to the Poker Room (not an exaggeration), but that's ok for me. I call it exercise.

This being said, there really is everything you need at Fox Tower. There are three restaurants. One Italian, one Asian and Juniors, a Deli. Also a Food Court. They have their own Casino (no Poker, but everything else), shops and a food court.

Also, the large auditiorium for Foxwoods is in this part of the complex, so if you're going for a major show, it's very convenient.

In the summer, the pool complex and new amusement park ride is here (as part of Foxwoods attempt to rebrand as a family vacation resort), and there's an entrance to the mall right from the Casino.

Best of all, my wife loves the spa in fox tower. A bit more expensive than the others in the complex, but this is her favorite one.

Rooms are 4* to 5* quality -- maybe a little worn, but not seriously so.

So, the distance to the main part of Foxwoods is the only potential drawback (but as I said, it's a plus for me).

Finally, because it's out of the way, it's often easy to get comped. Yaaaaaaaaa.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I thought that it would be a great idea to celebrate my birthday at Foxwood's Casino.

We got a great room rate on Groupon for a one night stay at Fox Towers. Arrived at the Fox Towers parking garage. Upon entering the casino, our luggage and bags were inspected before we were able to enter. What is this, the TSA!?

Walked a country mile to the hotel check-in area. Ended up waiting in the wrong line!! That was a waste of 15-20 minutes!! Would have been nice if they had signage indicating where to check-in. Then we waited another 15-20 minutes in the correct line. It was after 5:00 p.m., and our room wasn't even ready yet!

The lady asked if we wanted a text or phone call when our room was ready? We said, a phone call please. Then she took our phone number and stated she would text us when our room was ready. We told her again, no, we would like a phone call.

By this point, my husband and I were really getting annoyed with everything!!

Now, we sat down and waited for our phone call to let us know that our room is ready. My husband receives a text that our room is ready!! Good God ~ these people are idiots!!

So, now my husband goes to stand in the key line...

Finally, 15 minutes later, we have keys to our room!! Hallelujah!!

We will think twice before spending the night at Foxwood's again...

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank S7192KIsandyc