“Hip Birthday Dinner”

Red Lantern Foxwoods
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Lantern Foxwoods is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Mashantucket
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 2
Description: Red Lantern is unlike anything Foxwoods has ever seen before. With a capacity of 225 people, Red Lantern is modeled after its sister property in Boston, and features a redesigned open kitchen, full sushi counter and lounge area. Once again designed by the award-winning Peter Niemitz, the space also features 66 lanterns hanging overhead with the entrance marked by oversized, red ceremonial doors. Featuring a large leather, wraparound couch, high-back red club chairs, black tufted club chairs and acupuncture lamp statues throughout, Red Lantern Foxwoods has the same feel so many have fallen in love with, in its Boston counterpart. 21+. Guests under 21 may enter with parent or guardian.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

For something a little different, my best friend selected Red Lantern to celebrate my birthday. With our husbands, we were seated on couches, away from other tables, overlooking the Shrine nightclub. 7:30 pm on a Saturday evening was the perfect time for this spot. It was fun to notice the VIP set up and, toward the end of our meal, see the club goers just getting started. Fortunately, the music wasn't too loud during our time there.

The four of us enjoyed the food at Red Lantern, and would definitely return. The cocktails were fantastic, as were the appetizers. The Pot Stickers were my personal favorite. I could have easily stopped there, and probably should have. I didn't care for the General Tso's Chicken; a bit bland for my taste. But the rest of the group really enjoyed their entrees. The rolls, in particular, received two thumbs up for taste, freshness, and presentation.

A bit pricey, it was worth the splurge. We had a great evening, middle agers feeling a bit hip in a fun, youthful environment. A++ for atmosphere!

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Ok so many restaurants to choose from but didn't want to spend a fortune.. The sushi was fresh and delicious as were the employees.. I will go back again and it was also fun to sit in the area where the serve the sushi!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

At Foxwoods for a show, we were searching for a reasonably priced restaurant with some decent drink options as well. We had an excellent experience dining at the Red Lantern. I got the Chicken Fried rice which was the best I have had in quite some time. Also ordered the Avocado Bomb which was actually to die for!!! Everyone in our party enjoyed their food, which was good enough to make me reconsider another visit to the very smoky casino. Our waitress was also a sweetheart. My only complaint is that the restaurant also houses a night club and, once that is open, the bathrooms become unusable (clogged toilets and all kinds of gross-ness). The night club is for a bit of a younger scene (we are mid forties) so we sat at the bar for drinks after the show. The ambiance of the place overall definitely shifts to scantily clad waitresses and loud thumping music as the night progresses so go earlier if you want to avoid this. If they paid more attention to details, they would be running a top notch business.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The grilled skewers appetizer and Mongolian Skirt steak were beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! The fried rice portion is quite large so be prepared to share! Loved the atmosphere - I wanted some place we could enjoy a unique dining experience while still being able to hear each other talk. The Red Lantern was perfect for that on a quiet Wednesday night. Service was prompt and friendly. I imagine it gets pretty busy on weekends and the atmosphere is different when Shrine (attached to the restaurant) is open. But our mid week visit was extremely enjoyable and we'll definitely return again the next time we are at Foxwoods.

BNEG-CT, Manager at Red Lantern Foxwoods, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit. We can't wait to have you dine with us again soon. For future reservations, please feel to reach out to me directly at Andrew@redlanternfoxwoods.com

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Okay, so I had a great experience at this restaurant the first time I visited which was 2 years ago. On that first visit I had some sort of Groupon or other coupon, but I was so impressed that I knew I would be back and here I am 2 years later. The food here is great. I'm pretty sure this is a place that I will visit every single time I'm at Foxwoods. One word of advice is make your reservations early. I procrastinated a little too long then couldn't get a table until 9:30pm. Who eats at 9:30pm? Well, we do apparently. Believe it or not it was a cool experience at that time. Food was all still the same, but Shrine nightclub (which is connected) is playing music at the same time which make the restaurant just a fun, chill, place to be. Best Asian food I've ever had. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit! We can't wait to have you dine with us again soon. Please feel to reach out to Andrew@redlanternfoxwoods.com for your future reservations!