All reviews room was clean hot tub no elevator my daughter business trip bagels minute drive great place to stay visiting uconn convenient location best westerns complimentary breakfast sausage university storrs connecticut accommodations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The Best Western Storrs was sufficient for our needs. They were remodeling but it did not impact us. While the beds were not as comfortable as we had hoped the room was clean. Breakfast was also adequate. We would stay there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
REGENTINN, Manager at Best Western Storrs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear,Guest
Thank you for your recent comment and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable please let us know
jeni

Reviewed 23 March 2018

The room was very clean and well maintained, Staff was very helpful and friendly, The breakfast was quite nice, a good selection and the tables and chairs were well taken care of. My husband used the pool and hot tub, he enjoyed them

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jeni Z, General Manager at Best Western Storrs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Greetings!! Happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I have to agree with you, we certainly have a huge variety of hot food choices as well as cold items in our breakfast area. Our guests just love it there. At Best Western Storrs we want all our guests to feel at home and hearing from you and knowing you enjoyed your stay just makes it all worthwhile. Have a blessed day. Looking forward to serving you again when you are in the Mansfield Center area.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Stayed here for a combination work trip/family trip to visit my daughter at UConn. All the staff was helpful. The room was clean. I personally did not use the pool or exercise room but my family did and said they were both clean. As I was packing up the room on our last day a man, i assume the manager, asked if he could help carry our luggage out. I told him that was not necessary. He asked a few more questions about our stay and seemed genuinely interested in ensuring everything was up to par. I see there are a couple bad reviews here, but I personally would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building which seemed recently remodeled.
1  Thank watkinshenao

Dear Guest, I know you enjoyed visiting your daughter. Thank you for staying at our hotel. We certainly appreciate your business. Thank you for completing the survey. I love hearing from our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Looking forward to serving you again when you are in the Mansfield Center area. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I stayed at the hotel with my wife and kids on Feb 22 and checked out on the 23rd. On March 7, I received a letter and a receipt for a $200 charge for smoking "a joint" in the room along with a claim that they found a joint on the desk. The letter was riddled with typos, used my informal first name and spelled my last name wrong as well.

I called immediately and spoke with a gentleman at the front desk. He said I would need to call back and talk to the manager, Jenilu.

I called the next morning and after being put on hold for a few minutes, I explained the situation to Jenilu who made it very clear that I had been smoking a joint in the room. I explained to her that I don't know how they made a mistake, but that I was there with my wife and kids and none of us were smoking anything, let alone a joint. She said they found a joint on the desk and she cannot refund me the money.

I explained that there were construction workers working on the hotel, the side door to the hotel near our room never locked, even at night, and the door even required a push for it to shut completely. She would not refund the money despite all the alternative possibilities.

I asked to talk to her manager and she said her manager is never there. I said that's ok, but I'd still like his name. She refused and said "he doesn't do anything". I was surprised at that response, but I asked for her last name and she would not give that to me either.

For some reason she asked if she could call me back and I never heard from her again.

Best Western HQ says they can't help and this is an issue I need to resolve with the hotel itself.

21  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 25 February 2018

This hotel was excellent for the price. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the place is extremely clean and the pool and gym area was well maintained. It is located 10 minutes from UConn and on a convenient main road. Definitely going back! The only suggestion is to have a waffle maker instead of the pancake maker! ;)

Room Tip: If you have kids make sure you ask for a room in the main building where the pool is!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We love hearing from our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
Knowing that makes me feel good inside. Looking forward to serving you again when you are in the Mansfield Center area. Just want to let you know that we dp offer waffles and pancakes for breakfast. The menu changes daily. Have a terrific weekend. Stay safe.