Lowest prices for your stay
$97
Free cancellation until 04/06/22
Hotels.com$97
Travelocity$97
Priceline$87
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 December 2019 via mobile

Relax Bali is absolutely wonderful! For one, it is in a quiet, undeveloped pocket of Bali, the pretty area of Kubu and secondly everything the owners have created in the resort is with love and it shows everywhere you turn! My husband and I were the only 2 British guests and we received so much care and attention from all the staff, who al spoke fantastic English and genuinely wanted to engage with us it made us feel truly welcome. I love the fact that it is a Czech run business because it makes the atmosphere completely different from another other hotel! The owners have trained all the staff brilliantly and they all seem to love working there. The restaurant is good quality and super tasty, as vegans we had enough in the menu to keep us happy for 6 days! The restaurant opposite the hotel is also very tasty and affordable.

We had the last room available for the dates we needed and it was Villa Tropical, a 2 bedroom with an absolutely gorgeous interior and exterior! I was totally blown away by the attention to detail in its fittings, the size of the rooms and the carefully tended garden. You could not get this level of accommodation for an affordable price outside of a huge, luxury resort like Four Seasons or Shangri La, it’s true value for money.

The main reason we chose this area was diving and we ended up doing 8 dives each because it was just so much fun! The waters off the resort are immaculate, the owners have worked extremely hard to cooperate with the locals on keeping them that way and it shows. We dived with most of the staff, including a freelance guide who they brought in to take us to Emerald and Tulamben as we wanted to add more on and he was superb! I have found a new sport- muck diving! If you like the small stuff you will love the reef here but the coral is equally prolific. I could not fault the dive centre and would like to thank Michael for all the time he took to chat to us, look after us and guide us through the reef. This holiday will forever be in my happiest memories as the place I really relaxed. The name is perfect, the place is pure heaven!!!!

Date of stay: November 2019
Michaela V, Owner at Relax Bali Dive & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

WOW,

I'm reading this review on and on and feel really happy now!!! That is why we run the resort like we do, to make also other people feel comfortable, relaxed and like at home. Beleave me, these words you have posted are the fuel to our engines to keep us work on it. I'm really greatfull for you words and recomendations.

Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

Stressed from work this past few weeks. Been looking for a place to stay that will pamper me in some ways. Binggo! I found a perfect place to stay. Here at Relax Bali,you will not regret any penny. Had a great time at a cozy pool. A cold,clear water helps my body return to its calmness state. A literal relaxation place indeed. A home away from home.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank jophilenseverino2000
Reviewed 29 September 2019

This hotel is owned by Europeans and that you can find in the hygiene standards, the maintained state of the property and the quality of food; all very good. The hotel is not cheap, but you got worth value for the services and there are not many alternatives in this area.

Mainly a hotel for divers as there are numerous dive sites near the hotel, that are definitely worth exploring. We had some great diving experiences with the dive centre on-site and we would definitely recommend Made as your dive instructor!

What was simply not-good is that the hotel directory states that after buying a certain amount of dives with the local dive centre, you are allowed to go diving on your own at the house reef, free of charge. There is nowhere written that only depending on the right conditions you are allowed to dive on your own. After mentioned for 3 days to the management of the dive centre that we would like to use the possibility on the last day of our stay to dive for free at the house reef, we were told all the time that was fine. Only on the day we wanted to use the service, we were told it was too dangerous to go diving on your own and we would need to go with an instructor. Don't get me wrong, SAFETY FIRST, but simply do not promise your guest a free service if you are not willing to offer that. Talking to a female resort manager, she was kind of indifferent and asked us what she could offer to make us happy, I suggested she would come with a solution, but nothing was offered. No discount on the final hotel bill either. So, for the guests who will come next, be aware!

1  Thank MITCHELL-W-UZEEL
Reviewed 22 September 2019

Although I had been to Tulamben before, this is my first time staying at this resort. It was meant to be a dive trip for myself while two of my friends laze around in the resort during my dives so we got two rooms.
This was when the staff came into the rescue and upgraded us to a 2-bedroom villa. The rest is just pure bliss! The compound for the villa is big with a big pool facing the water. It is also very private. While I was on my dive, my friends indulged themselves by just lounging by the pool or soaking themselves in it. We were all very impressed by the clean and chilled environment ,and the level of service throughout!
The villa can be great for a family stay!

The only improvement to consider will be for the breakfast which is lackluster.

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised by the upgrade and fully enjoyed our short but delightful stay in the villa. I will definitely consider this resort and a villa stay the next time I am in Tulamben!

Tip: we came to the resort from the Gili island. The free transport by the fast boat is able to bring us to the resort .

2  Thank huangchan
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

The resort is fantastic for diving, especially if you like shore dives. There is only a stone beach no sand, which is perfect for diving. Around the hotel there is not much and it is not a touristic center. We only dived there. The monkey bungalows are standard but very clean. Made our dive guide was the absolute best :-)

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple