Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Peaceful and serene

I loved this place. We were greeted upon our arrival by a very friendly young man who explained to... read more

Reviewed 2 September 2018
Lisa P
Bachelor's hunting party

Had a great time working with Master Falconer Nick while planning my brother's bachelor party. Very... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2017
agdangel
New York City, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2015

Heard about LRWC from a friend a while ago and finally got the chance for a visit. As we got out of car we were greeted by an intern who gave us an overview of the facilities and answered any preliminary questions and gave us a map of the property. We were then free to roam. Many of the birds are in enclosed aviaries that you could not enter but could look into. We then entered a large open area with several ponds where the cranes and swans and geese were located. At this point I should mention that this is not a facility that just rehabs some waterfowl from the local area but instead they have birds from literally all over the world. After roaming around admiring the birds for quite some time we met up with the intern that initially greeted us and he showed us the hatchery and explained the whole hatchery process. I have to say that he was extremely knowledgeable and seemed to be able to match his answers to your level of interest and knowledge. We plan to make a return visit later in the year when the birds are in better plumage.
Thank you Ben for a very enjoyable time.

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Bobby-sprocket
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We took a lovely walk through areas of different waterfowl, some not typically seen. The docents were passionate about the birds and very informative. A nice, educational couple of hours.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 3 July 2015

I was in Litchfield visiting some friends when I happened upon the Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy. I say "happened upon" because I was driving down a road and there it suddenly was. If you are into birds this is the place for you. The grounds were very beautiful and I was surprised at the variety of the waterfowl collection they had! There were many species from the U.S., but also many species from Australia, S. America, Asia, etc. The best part in my opinion were the little ducklings and goslings they had. This would be a great place to take kids and let them see the babies! (I would caution not to let them run around unsupervised, however.)

The fees are very reasonable, and you can walk around the grounds on a self-guided tour. I believe that if you call ahead you can request a guided tour. (The workers there are very knowledgeable and if you are a bit nerdy this would be great for you!)

I only have 2 complaints.

1. The "membership" is kind of funky. If you opt to buy a membership, you still have to pay every time you visit. What's up with that?

2. Put up some more signs. If I hadn't of chanced on the place, I probably never would have found it! Maybe put a sign up on the highway to alert the public.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank Bryandahms
Reviewed 2 September 2014

LRWC is for all ages! Open only on weekends from Saturday and Sunday 10am-4pm between April 1 - November 30th. The Conservancy is a nonprofit dedicated to the conservation of waterfowl and wetlands through research, education, and conservation action.

The Conservancy is a hidden gem on Duck Pond Rd. The facilities are immaculately kept. It is a perfect place to get away from buzz of civilization and escape into the countryside for the afternoon. The Conservancy houses captive waterfowl species from around the world. Walk the property to witness these beautiful birds up close. Staff are friendly and always available to answer questions.

Next time you are in Litchfield, make sure to stop by the Livingston Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy! You will definitely enjoy your visit there!

Date of experience: May 2014