“Tried and true”

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Village is a classic new England pub restaurant which offers local craft beers and locally grown farm to table produce when available seasonally. The dining room side is quieter with wooden booths whereas the pub side is bit more lively as casual. The fine dining menu and pub menu are offered on either side.
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This is my local go to restaurant. The food is very good, the wait staff are friendly. It is a cozy environment. I love the booths. Best for small groups (4 or less).

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We had a sweet and lovely waitress. That was the high point.

The booths in the regular room (not Tap room) were a bit tight.

The food (burgers) was just ok. Not bad, not great.

If you're in the neighborhood and are hungry, it's fine.

But I wouldn't go out of my way to visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Passing through CT we were told to stop by The Village in Litchfield and boy was we glad we did! From the outside you are not quite sure it is a restaurant, but don’t hesitate to open the door! You will be greeted with a smile and get an old pub feel! Everything sounded great, but if it sounds good to you, EAT THE OPEN FACE STEAK SANDWICH!!! It was fantastic, such flavor!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Good food great atmosphere, stopped in after playing golf. The Village always meets or exceeds expectations

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t normally list a soup as a recommended dish but I do so to make a point. From the very outset, everything put in front of us was made fresh. In an era of canned this or bottled that, even the beef barley soup was fresh made and was, by far and away, the best I have EVER had. I decided to try the hamburger, which was recommended. Fantastic. These folks pour their heart and souls into the food they serve. The wait staff was fantastic. Like going to your favorite aunt’s house and feeling spoiled. The atmosphere is old New England, perfect for the area and reminiscent of days gone by. I don’t venture to Litchfield often (twice a year or so) but the fact that I missed this place for so long actually bothered me. It’s wonderful. Enjoy.