All reviews new england themed rooms omelet station room price quaint town will stay there again public areas buffet breakfast our room was spacious pleasant stay tavern brunch ct kathleen furnishings refrigerator
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We called from the road after seeing availability on line. Dana quoted a price and when I told her where I'd seen it cheaper, she immediately said she would match it. We picked out the Garden Room, and while it was very clean and offered everything you could want, it ended up being too garish for our taste. But that is just personal preference, and doesn't lessen a review.
The elevator was out of order and the stairs steep and curved. Not an issue for my husband but was for me and my out of whack hip.
Bed was comfortable, we were exhausted, and soon after falling asleep were awakened by a loud racket and vibration...the air conditioner. Occasionally it was sort of quiet, we'd fall back to sleep, only to be shocked awake again with the noise.
When I spoke about it to Jessica in the morning, she seemed truly sorry for it, and immediately said we'd be compensated for our lack of sleep. We were quite pleased with the compensation, and she was quite a delight to deal with and talk to about anything else.
Breakfast was standard free motel breakfast, which is NOT a criticism. We like those breakfasts. And they have the added touch of freshly cooked omelets. And no paper plates either...dishes are the real deal.
I do recommend a grab bar for the tub as it is so high, and do something about that strip of stone between tub and wall that is supposed to prevent flooding. It isn't long enough.
Yes, we would stay there again. In a different room though.
Thank you, Dana and Jessica! You are assets to the facility.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Following an extremely long drive and a very unpleasant experience with a competitor, my family and I arrived at the Litchfield Inn weary and in need of a restful night. Kathleen and Syed greeted us warmly and made us feel most welcome and comfortable. They were helpful in orienting us to the local area, suggesting a great meal delivery (we chose to eat in our room versus sit in the restaurant), and even baked fresh cookies for our kids before we even finished checking in. They offered several other small courtesies and overall were simply fabulous staff members and representatives of the hotel. The desk and breakfast staff the next day were awesome too. My family and I were truly impressed by the "service" attitude of all the staff we interacted with.
The property in general was pleasing as well. There is a nice garden off the back patio, a cool lounge off the lobby, a quaint historic feel about the place, and the bar was a pleasant surprise (see my other review) - and while we didn't eat there the food we saw looked well prepared and professional presented. We stayed in a regular room but were able to check out the theme rooms which were pretty cool and which we will book for an upcoming visit. We were so happy with the hotel and staff we booked our September reservation before we checked out.
Kudos to the Litchfield Inn. Thank you for an unexpected experience.

Room Tip: Theme rooms are worth checking out and the premium is surprisingly low.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Syed M, Manager at The Litchfield Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thank you so much for your review, we look forward to welcoming you back at the Inn in September!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

had a business trip in the area & stayed overnight in one of the themed rooms, on a weekend... the place is great, the themed rooms are beautiful, the staff was extremely accommodating..

on another note, i also stayed at the inn in the early 90's on a layover for another business trip....they have improved upon the excellence they had back then

Room Tip: ask for a themed room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review Ross, we look forward to welcoming you back at the Inn in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing cool place beautiful rooms cool settings
Lots of space clean 5 start 100% recommendation to everyone town is so cool so beautiful near new york city amazing breakfast good staff everything was perfect

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Everything about this hotel was magnificent! We travelled from Nyc for my friends wedding and spent 2 nights at this wonderful Innl. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The room was large and spacious. The hotel is located in a wonderful area very close to Arethusa Farms which is known for its wonderful farm to table restaurant and ice cream!

Room Tip: The standard rooms are spacious, but next time I plan on staying in the jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple