“The Corner, Village, or West St.?”
Review of @ The Corner

@ The Corner
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in the center of Litchfield after a ride. We wanted a cocktail and a couple appetizers, but we weren't sure where to go. We haven't been to @ The Corner, The Village, or West Street Grill. My wife suggested that we try @ The Corner and we'll work our way down to the other restaurants the next couple times we're in the area.
We sat at the bar and a few beers caught my eye. They have a nice selection of beers on tap. I had a Dogfish Head Fruit Full Fort. Excellent beer. I think my wife had something that tasted similar to Blue Moon. My wife ordered the Sea Salt Pretzel Knots with aged porter cheese sauce. Delicious !
I had a french onion soup. I love the french onion soup at Spartan's in Waterbury. This soup was different but just as tasty.
Then we split the Nachos. Crispy chips topped with plenty of guacamole, tomatoes, cheese and jalapenos. I also had a Firestone Walker Stickee Monkey to go with the nachos. Incredibly flavorful beer.
They have a nice variety on the menu with something for everyone. The brunch menu also looks interesting. We had great conversations with the bartenders. Matt is an awesome driven young guy. We'll most likely try the other restaurants and then make our way back to @ The Corner. I saw a few Items on the new fall menu that sound great. Now I have to taste them.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Cheerful service, good menu, and an extensive range of draught beers. Buzzy atmosphere on a weekday afternoon. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Lots of choices- we had the special of fish tacos. Although a small portin it was fine for lunch and a kale salad that was very good. Service was a little slow for a weekday lunch but very friendly..

Reviewed 31 July 2018

The cable news' pundit, Chris Mathews in one of his books said something to the affect that if you, early in someone's life did something to contribute to his/her growth you are for some reason bond to follow them with sometimes help and always hope to see them succeed. You basically have an investment in their success. I feel that way with this establishment.

Ten or so years ago we stopped by early in the morning. Back then they were a muffin breakfast shop occupying a small niche on the corner. As we ordered our coffee and muffin we noticed constructions going on in the adjacent retail space. We asked what's happening, that'll be our restaurant in the near future.

Over the years we've stopped in perhaps 20-30 times. We always found the staff to be so welcoming. The choice of unique brews were plenty.

Ah, the menu. Very different all sorts of tasty different plates. Delicious well thought out sandwiches. Fine soups tremendous entrees.

Truly a prospering growing business. I am so glad we invested in it at it's birth.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Cozy corner restaurant in historic Litchfield Greens area. Fine place to dine as a couple. The restaurant is a delight, the atmosphere warm, open and inviting. The menus offer veg friendly options, also gf and non-dairy. We ordered the ancient grains and roasted veggies bowl with a side of the home slaw of red cabbage. Delightfully healthy and delicious. Recommend the Corner carry a red, white or tri-colored quinoa option in place of farro for more celiac-friendly gluten free alternatives on grains. Outta the cuke gazpacho. Maybe next time.