“Good return visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Hubby and I were in town for a concert at Mohegan Sun and needed a good, non-extortionate place for dinner. Valentino's in Ledyard filled the bill. They are a pizza place up front but a full service Italian restaurant in back. Portions are huge, and luckily we brought the cooler with an ice pack to bring the remainder home. Everything comes with a salad to start, and it's a good salad with mixed greens and assorted olives. Hubby had the zuppa de pesce, totally delicious in a yummy red sauce, all the shellfish perfectly fresh. I had Veal Casa Blanca which I wasn't crazy about, but it was my mistake in ordering since the brandy cream sauce made the pasta thick and gummy. An otherwise delicious dish, it had three big pieces of sauteed veal and three giant shrimp on pasta. For dessert we split a cannoli which was very good as well. We didn't order drinks this trip but have in the past. There's an adequate wine list. My recommendation is not to get anything in a white sauce, go with red, and you will have a happy experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stopped in for pizza, but ended up with so much more. This place is over the top. Food is wonderful, service is outstanding and friendly. Do yourself a huge favor, stop in, order anything and wait for the bread and oil to arrive, you will fall in love. We shared a Gorgonzola pizza, OMG, so good. We will be going again and again, you should too

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Having grown up in both New York and Nee Jersey I have grown accustomed to a certain type of quality for pizza. It is rare in my experience to find high quality at a local shop elsewhere. I was pleasantly surprised by Valentinos. They offer your traditional topping classics as well as fun speciality pizzas like buffalo chicken. I'm also fond of their free "snack" policy. They won't let you leave without a free slice or as they call it a "snack"

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Good pizza, friendly staff, they even gave us a snack while we waited for our order. We did the takeout but the restaurant looked cute too!

Reviewed 11 March 2017

First off the best garlic bread ever, the right bite to the tooth and the right taste to the tongue .................. it doesn't get any better. Coffee, black, hot and fresh also delicious. I had Linguine with white clam sauce ........ cooked to perfection with no pepper flakes or added salt just as I ordered. This was sweet ............ My wife, she had spaghetti and meatballs which she relished.......... We had no room for desert. If this were closer to home I would be in trouble!