Budget Inn - Dayville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2015

My husband needed a place to crash before another round of business meeting, so why not stop at the Budget Inn, its close. Beware! Of course one must pay BEFORE seeing the room, so he did only to request a refund within minutes of checking in and it was refused. Room 121 smelled of must, blood, wet carpet. The "dresser" was caked in dirt and chipped paint. The carpet had a very large wet spot and of course a hole in the door. Needless to say he did not stay, it was preferable to sleep in the car.
Next email goes to their corporate office.

Room Tip: In my opinion: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Indy P
Reviewed 24 August 2015

First of all, this little inn doesn't charge the prices set by its online reservation partners. The owner charges whatever he thinks best. He doesn't understand that the price on the Hotels.com (or whoever) receipt includes tax. This cost me $12 or so.

The rooms are acrid; our eyes watered, and we coughed. We sneezed and snored. The windows are little screen grates, square, like you see when you use the bathroom at a state beach. I'd imagine that turning most of these rooms into prison cells wouldn't be difficult.

The business card has Psalm 23 on the back, which is fitting, since it does feel like you are walking through the valley of the shadow of death. Psalm 23 is provided free of charge, since even the Gideons avoid this place.

There is no shampoo. Some of the outlets don't work. The televisions are 100% color TVs, none of this black-and-white nonsense. The soap is carefully hidden. The walls are thin. The owner's entire family resides there, living on whatever gossip passing visitors provide. They peer at you through the windows. Whoever makes the beds has a key to every room, which makes knocking on the door unnecessary -- she can just use her key, and the door opens, voila!

Room Tip: Reserve a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

I woke up itchy and about 2 hours later I see a bug crawling up my bed and I kill it. I took a picture of it. Want to wake up itchy bitten and with a sore back. This is your place. Now I'm itching in places I don't want to itch. Also chairs are dirty. Just a bad hotel. Don't waste your time or money.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank ZackPilcher
Reviewed 22 August 2015

Didn't stay there. I felt they were trying to cheat me, why see if that goes further. Never book there again. I even showed them a print out of the booking I made reflecting total cost to include tax. I guess they just wanted another 10 bucks. Owner state expedia made a mistake and he would only make $15 dollars.
It was a single night booking.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Joe A
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Registered for a week's stay. During the phone registration I mentioned that I have 2 small dogs. The gentleman on the phonaboutd this is no problem. When I arived I once again mentioned my dogs, again the same gentleman told us this was fine and that they were "pet friendly". When we got to our room the room was VERY small, was covered in filth, had a clearly broken bathtub, had broken furniture, mold in the mini fridge, and smelled so bad that I began to dry heave. I went to the desk and asked for another room. He obliged and gave me a new room. This room was just as dingy but slightly larger and didn't smell quite as bad. So we excepted it.The next morning as I walked out to the car the manager walks over to me and asks if I have a dog. I say yes And she says "we don't alow dogs here. You have to leave. I tell her we made their presence known to the gentleman last night, and she says "absolutely not" she then starts to yell at me telling me that they only allow pets in the nasty room and says... and I'm quoting here... "If you want to stay you must take that room, and if you do you need to jiggle the nob on the bathtub because it is broken". I then tell her what it did to me and she says... again a quote... "it's not my fult you can't tolerate the smell". She then offers to give me a refund for the rest of the week. When we go to the office she then states that she is deducting $68 for the previous night. I do some quick calculation and tell her it shouldn't be be that much and she tells me she is charging me a pet fee. I was about to fight her but decided it was far better to get as far from that place as possible.

• Stayed: April 2014