“Great!!! ”
Review of The Edison Grill

The Edison Grill
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Harwinton
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

This place is one of a very few who know how to make a fried egg “over hard with the yolk cooked all the way!” I was very satisfied when my eggs came to the table with the yolk broken!!! The food was good, my very picky son ate almost his whole meal!! The waitress was very courteous and suggested that my boys share a pancake because if the size and I appreciated this because we did not have to waste $ on food that would not be eaten by little ones! Food was very good and the bathrooms were very clean! My only suggestion is for them to put a step stool in the bathroom for little ones to be able to reach the sink to wash their hands. :)

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Drove by this place lots of times and wanted to stop. Was so so glad I did one day for lunch. Quaint and very unique. I found their iced tea exceptional and there pulled chicken quesadillas where some of the best I've ever had. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We tried this place three times before writing this review, twice for breakfast and once for dinner. I wanted to like it, it's so close and convenient, and I had heard good things, but wanting cannot make it so.
The first visit was for breakfast, I tried an omelet. The eggs were overcooked and dry, the potatoes were overcooked and dry, the toast was burnt. I thought maybe omelets aren't their thing.
On the second visit I tried the blueberry pancakes, they were very dry and while the blueberries looked normal they had no flavor at all. I thought maybe breakfast isn't their thing.
The third visit was for dinner, I tried a burger and fries. The burger was OK, but it was served on a very dry roll that was much too large in relation to the burger it was wrapped around. The fries were soggy. My wife got mac n cheese that was oddly smothered in onions, the bill for this extravagant meal with two drinks was $50.
If you like your food very dry and overpriced, this is the place for you. Everyone else should keep driving about 10 minutes down the road there are much better options.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017

My family and I went to dinner 9/22/2017, this was our first visit , They have a great menu with a few specials. I had the fish and chips dinner which was awesome it came with a salad which was very fresh, my son had the Pastrami club which he really loved, my wife choose the mushroom ravioli dinner also very good, my daughter in law had the chicken panini said it was very filling. The restaurant is spotless our waitress explained all the specials, great family restaurant. while there I did check out the breakfast menu and it had many great selections. Don't miss this place.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We love going for breakfast. Their benes rock! Personal favorite is the portobella benedict, followed by the vegetarian bene. I've never had a bad breakfast to date.

Date of visit: July 2017