“cheap place to rest on the road”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Hartford

Super 8 Hartford
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Chicago, Illinois
“cheap place to rest on the road”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The lobby was nice, but that is where anything good ended. my room had a TV and phone that did not work. the shower curtain was missing.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank chicagolouis
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Duquesne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed at this bedbug infested place in August. While there the place looked neat and clean no signs of bugs at least I thought but I did notice that there was this stuff on the sheets that look like crumbs. Dark colored crumbs. I didn't think anything of it and slept my first night there on top of the blanket. I woke up the next morning with a few not many bumps. I thought they were mosquito bites and again didn't think anything of it until I woke up the following morning and noticed that I was constantly itching on certain areas of my body. To make a long story short the day I left there and returned home I had bites all over my body and face which contantly itched something terrible and ended up going to the emergency room. The hospital verified it was bedbug bites and gave me two perscriptions. This place deserves no ratings and they need to be shut down until every nook and cranny has been inspected by the Hartford Health Dept and treated for these bedbugs. DISGUSTING!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Shiveta C

Travellers are raving about these Hartford hotels

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed for two nights in September '11. The rooms are nothing better then "OK". Internet works well and large parking lot to park in. The clerk is behind glass. I found the room to be clean as far as sheets and bathroom....Again, its an older hotel and for $45 bucks in Hartford I didn't expect much.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Two words that describe my experience at Super 8 Hartford: Bed bugs. I still have my arms and hands red after 1 week. I'll never stay at any Super 8, what a bad customer experience.

To elaborate a bit more: the receptionist is inside of a bulletproof glass...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Andres N
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I was leery of staying here after the reviews but it was just fine for an overnighter. I was seeing a show at Webster Theater. A tricky ride to get there but not far mile-wise (use a GPS!). Hotel was a lot cheaper than the downtown hotels so it was better for me. Beds were ok. Bathroom wasn't 100% clean but not too bad. It had a tall shower and good water pressure. Beds were ok, pretty average room, can't complain. I didn't feel un-safe or anything. Not a lot of restaurants nearby (24hr McDonalds right by hotel) but if you can find it I recommend the Arch Street Tavern Grille and Bar. Great beer selection and great food nice atmosphere. Otherwise you're eating at McDonalds. Pretty tricky getting around the city so I recommend bringing your GPS.

Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
2.6 km away
2.5 km away
Hartford Marriott Downtown
2.0 km away
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area

Been to Super 8 Hartford? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK