“Birthday celebration”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2017

There were four of us for dinner to celebrate my son's birthday. Three out of four entrees were good and the fourth was disappointing. It was a very busy night at the restaurant and service was slow. They do a very nice job with broiled and fried seafood.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I have never had anything but great service and great food in my previous visits over a year prior. This visit was for a large party 13 of us I called ahead they sat us right away but did say our server wouldn't be there until our actual reservation which was not a problem until the rest of our party joined us and no one came over to even offer us drinks until 30 min after our reservation. They did apologize and say our server was late for her shift. I ordered the crab meat casserole and it was dry and consisted of bread crumbs and crab meat. The New England Clam Chowder was amazing. Their bread is amazing and everyone else seemed to love what they got . I would definitely give them another chance but don't recommend the crab meat.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

This was an unexpected find next to my hotel - for the next restaurant in the area was a McDonalds 5 blocks away. Thankfully, the food and service were lovely! I had raw oysters(yummy), escargot (7$!!), and pull and peel shrimp (with Old Bay!) I would definitely recommend visiting this place ❤️

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I always enjoy the Chowder Pot for a nice lunch with business colleagues. The food is consistently good. Love the shrimp Caesar salad and the salmon entree. The bread is amazing. The wait staff is always pleasant and helpful. We’ve had large business meetings here in a separate room and everything went smoothly. People really enjoyed the luncheon, which was much better than traditional fare at a typical hotel conference.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This place is hit or miss. Last time I was there,the service was awful and the food wasn't very good, when it finally did arrive. Tonight I as there and the service and food were excellent. Their grilled salmon is so good, and can't beat the bread they serve.