“Back again and just as good”

First & Last Tavern
Ranked #23 of 452 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had a very busy day with a tour of the Coltsville National Historical Park and were hungry from all the walking. We drove to the First and Last and were not disappointed. The decor has not changed (thank goodness) and the menu is just about the same. We started by sharing a Sea Island salad which was arugula, endive, pear, apples, candied walnuts and blue cheese, dressed perfectly. I chose the wild mushroom ravioli which were wonderful with mushroom and ricotta filling. A little too much sage brown butter, but I had an extra plate a transferred one ravioli at a time. Lot of pignoli on this dish. My wife chose the crab cake special and was very happy with that. Very pleasant attentive staff. Still a winner.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

I met my wife there for lunch and normally, I'll have their pasta and shells or pizza but I tried something different and I was not disappointed. There are many choices on the menu. The staff is very attentive as well.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I had lunch here with friends last week (July 2017). Two of us had their fresh pasta - one seafood, one manicotti - and they were well pleased. Another had a panini that was very good and my wood oven pizza with anchovies was very good. Service ws pleasant and efficient. The wine list had a number of well-priced options. We would all go back to this place with alacrity. The wood oven pizza is highly recommended by me.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Went for dinner on Saturday night with family. We have met here several times before and have always found the food and atmosphere top shelf. This has been here for quite some time and is a local favorite. We started out with their offering of mixed breads and drinks. This time we deceided to try the white margarita pizza. Fresh basil, tomato's, garlic and cheese! Another good pie for your consideration when stopping in for lunch or dinner,
I give 1st and last a RECOMMEND if you are in the area and want a good italian meal in a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

I built my own meat-lovers pie and they did not hold back. The pie was cooked perfectly and served promptly. The barkeep was very good and makes a great Mule. The craft draft selection was okay. Tons of vintage pics on the walls. There is a cool one from John Madden that I really liked. Plenty of off street parking in the rear.