“Good steaks, service was a bit off”
Review of Max Downtown

Max Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 452 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Trumbull Street
Description: The crown jewel of the Hartford, Connecticut dining scene, Max Downtown has been serving its guests for over 21 years and remains a fan favorite. After a top-to-bottom renovation in the summer of 2017, the restaurant has never looked (or tasted) better.
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Overall the food was exactly what you'd expect from a quality steakhouse. The only hiccup was that the server stopped by right after the menus were dropped and then I didn't see him for 15-20 minutes... Finally appeared when a manager stopped by to ask how things were. It was Restaurant Week (though I didn't order off the RW menu), so they may have been busier than expected.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

5 stars!!!!
Service was amazing and the food was superb!
Loved the buffalo cauliflowers, oysters and my Cobb salad.

Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I recently hosted a work event here. They have an unusual location for groups, but it actually worked out quite well. We were in the lobby of the building (Cityplace). The furniture was soft seating and cafe tables. It worked well for our group and despite my concern that people would just walk through our event, we had a lot of privacy. The wait staff, especially Ryan, was very helpful. The food was good and our guests were impressed. The restaurant was very busy, but we didn't have to wait for food or drinks. The menu recently changed and is more like a steak house in that you order your steak and then order separate sides at an additional cost. I heard a few of our guests comment on this as they are frequent visitors to the restaurant. They also have free valet parking after 5pm which was helpful. All in all, it was a little on the expensive side, but worth it for the response we received from our guests.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

I went to Max downtown my brother-in-law and my wife sister-in-law birthday dinner. It was tasting on Hartford it's still going on a wonderful deal good price. Good service a good meal and Max downtown new renovated is wonderful
Everybody should go if you never tried it.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

The top restaurant in the Max Restaurant Group. Located in downtown Hartford and recently modernized and redecorated. Open daily for lunch and dinner.