“Nice place for a business lunch”
Review of J Restaurant Bar

J Restaurant Bar
Ranked #32 of 480 Restaurants in Hartford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017

A group of us came here for a business lunch. The staff is great, they took our orders and allowed us to conduct the business and didn't interrupt. We had pizza, wrap and fried moz.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

When you want good food, at an affordable price and more importantly,served within your lunch hour - J's is perfect! Great, fresh food, served fast and with a smile. The Chicken Cesar is one of my favorites. Also, you never know which famous politicians may pop in for a quick bite. (Saw Lt. Govervor Wyman enjoying her lunch this week and Last week saw our future governor. Lol)

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This place has good reviews and looks like a nice restaurant. Also the prices are a little higher than other places in the area, so you'd think it's nice. The staff was friendly and the place is clean, however my food was not good at all. I had the chicken parm, the chicken was rubbery and tasted like it had been in the freezer for too long. The sauce was bland, and even my wine (which was $14 for a glass) was a poor quality wine. I don't get the appeal or what the other reviewers are talking about.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

I enjoy J's and love the signature salad with spinach and chicken. The dressing is awesome too. My colleagues however are not as thrilled with the place, they They will eat there and enjoy a good meal, just not every day.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Had a Taste of Hartford meal that offered a variety of choices. Apps: asparagus soup that was brothy rather than creamy sprinkled with crabmeat, interesting change from cream of asparagus, but only a slight hint of asparagus flavor; J's salad was good as usual. Entree: halibut with tomatoes, very tasty; bourbon sirloin was also tasty with mashed potatoes and vegatable medeley. Dessert: lime tart, which was very good and tasted like key lime pie which is my favorite and choclolate bread pudding which was good, but would have been even better is served warm. Service wasn't that friendly, but it was very busy and our waitress was handling a lot of tables.