“Great food!”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 472 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I love this restaurant. The food is great and one of the owners makes you feel like Norm from Cheers. He has an amazing memory for names and greets you like an old friend.
The space can feel crowded at times but that is part of the fun. It’s like going to an Italian family kitchen - there is always room for one more. You often see them carrying a table or chair to make more room!
Great steaks, fish and of course pasta!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great selection special s and responsive bat tender and discount parking very close by. Food very good and alfresco dinning.

2  Thank brian d
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Food, and Service were amazing. Rosie stole the show and was very welcoming. Very friendly owner and staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The experience was wonderful from the moment we walked through the door until we left. Our waiter, Donovan was great! He recommended several entrees & appetizers and we could tell that he was passionate about the food here. We started out with the wonderful garlic bread, shared some apps and then our delightful meals. To top it off, we had the best pistachio cream brulee that we have ever tasted. This truly was an excellent meal and look forward to dining here again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My family and friends have talked up Salute for years so we finally decided to go for dinner. Salute is 5 star service and dining at its finest that lives up to its wide range appeal. If you want to stop reading this review here all you need to know is that you must go...

I would definitely recommend making a reservation in advance. We made ours at 7 PM on a Friday and still waited approximately 15 minutes before we were seated. The host was impeccably dressed and very attentive to us as we waited. The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated very much in the high end Italian dining atmosphere. They have a mid-size bar, which was packed with patrons. Staff apologized to us multiple times for the wait, but once we were seated we were waited on hand and foot! The transition from each plate was seamless. As soon as we finished one dish our waitress immediately whisked our plates away and had our next plate ready.

We started off with the "Soon to be famous" garlic cheese bread. I hadn't had much to eat for most of the day and man did those cheesy garlicy carbs make my stomach smile. The bread was cheesy without being overtly greasy and filling so as to spoil one's appetite. We then had the steamed mussels. The mussels were super fresh and the portion was appropriately sized leaning on the generous side. The cream sauce was light and a little runny, but very tasty to the extent that we savored and consumed every last drop. I had the sidecar martini and my husband had the chai on fire martini, which features the Hartford Flavor Company's chair liquor...both were equally delicious. Salute also has an expansive wine menu selection in addition to their mixed drink offerings.

For entrees I had the pasta a la vodka and my husband had the chicken a la bella. Both pastas were cooked perfectly (slightly al dente) . The vodka sauce was mildly rich and creamy without being overbearing. The broccoli was a delicious addition and made the dish a delicious medley of textures. The chicken a la bella was bathed in a delicate mushroom cream sauce and the chicken was amazingly tender and flavorful. The portions were generous to the extent that we took leftovers home, but quite honestly our meal was so good I was also tempted to finish everything!

As we were leaving and putting our coats on the owner, Jimmy, approached us and asked us to stay for a complimentary dessert cocktail. He stated that he felt badly that we had to wait for our table (which really again wasn't that long) and really appreciated our business. I have never had this happen to me before, but wow we were so taken aback at his kind offer and obliged. This certainly speaks to the incredibly high standards that Salute adheres to and their quest to deliver the perfect dining experience each and every time.

Salute is located near the corner of Bushnell Park and is easily accessible from I-84. There is a parking garage right behind the restaurant and if you bring your parking ticket the host will discount your fare by 50%.

WE WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE BACK!

Been to Salute? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK