“Great Happy Hour”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 452 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Great selection special s and responsive bat tender and discount parking very close by. Food very good and alfresco dinning.

2  Thank brian d

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Food, and Service were amazing. Rosie stole the show and was very welcoming. Very friendly owner and staff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

The experience was wonderful from the moment we walked through the door until we left. Our waiter, Donovan was great! He recommended several entrees & appetizers and we could tell that he was passionate about the food here. We started out with the wonderful garlic bread, shared some apps and then our delightful meals. To top it off, we had the best pistachio cream brulee that we have ever tasted. This truly was an excellent meal and look forward to dining here again.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

My family and friends have talked up Salute for years so we finally decided to go for dinner. Salute is 5 star service and dining at its finest that lives up to its wide range appeal. If you want to stop reading this review here all you need to know is that you must go...

I would definitely recommend making a reservation in advance. We made ours at 7 PM on a Friday and still waited approximately 15 minutes before we were seated. The host was impeccably dressed and very attentive to us as we waited. The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated very much in the high end Italian dining atmosphere. They have a mid-size bar, which was packed with patrons. Staff apologized to us multiple times for the wait, but once we were seated we were waited on hand and foot! The transition from each plate was seamless. As soon as we finished one dish our waitress immediately whisked our plates away and had our next plate ready.

We started off with the "Soon to be famous" garlic cheese bread. I hadn't had much to eat for most of the day and man did those cheesy garlicy carbs make my stomach smile. The bread was cheesy without being overtly greasy and filling so as to spoil one's appetite. We then had the steamed mussels. The mussels were super fresh and the portion was appropriately sized leaning on the generous side. The cream sauce was light and a little runny, but very tasty to the extent that we savored and consumed every last drop. I had the sidecar martini and my husband had the chai on fire martini, which features the Hartford Flavor Company's chair liquor...both were equally delicious. Salute also has an expansive wine menu selection in addition to their mixed drink offerings.

For entrees I had the pasta a la vodka and my husband had the chicken a la bella. Both pastas were cooked perfectly (slightly al dente) . The vodka sauce was mildly rich and creamy without being overbearing. The broccoli was a delicious addition and made the dish a delicious medley of textures. The chicken a la bella was bathed in a delicate mushroom cream sauce and the chicken was amazingly tender and flavorful. The portions were generous to the extent that we took leftovers home, but quite honestly our meal was so good I was also tempted to finish everything!

As we were leaving and putting our coats on the owner, Jimmy, approached us and asked us to stay for a complimentary dessert cocktail. He stated that he felt badly that we had to wait for our table (which really again wasn't that long) and really appreciated our business. I have never had this happen to me before, but wow we were so taken aback at his kind offer and obliged. This certainly speaks to the incredibly high standards that Salute adheres to and their quest to deliver the perfect dining experience each and every time.

Salute is located near the corner of Bushnell Park and is easily accessible from I-84. There is a parking garage right behind the restaurant and if you bring your parking ticket the host will discount your fare by 50%.

WE WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE BACK!

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Ordered an app, entree, and dessert, with a glass of wine. The bread that came out had a roasted tomato butter with it that tasted quite good though the butter was hart (a pet peeve of mine, but I realize others may not care as much). The app (butternut squash ravioli) was out within 2 minutes of ordering. Which leads me to believe it was just sitting in sauce ready to go. The taste was pretty decent though the ravioli themselves were a bit gummy. The entree (gnocchi with chicken and sundried tomatoes) was also... fine. The gnocchi were a bit gummy as well (though not bad) and the chicken was both too large to be bite sized and too small to be whole pieces. If you're going to cut the pieces into chunks, at least make them bite sized chunks? The chicken itself was overcooked and thus was a bit tough. For dessert was a scoop of gelato and a scoop of sorbet, which were quite good. The wine was cheap and priced accordingly. Not a knock at all as its what I ordered. For the price, it was pretty decent.