“Never been there before”

Church & Main Delicatessen
Ranked #80 of 480 Restaurants in Hartford
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Reviewed 4 August 2017

My husband and I were in Hartford to do errands and had some time before our next appointment. We've been to the Hartford Stage but never noticed this little deli, so we decided to try it. I went right for the pizza because it looked so good, and my husband being more health conscious had a salad with chicken added. My plain pizza was delicious- the tomato sauce, the crust, and the cheese with a hint of something very good. I asked the man behind the counter if they made the pizza there (it was the owner). He said that he made it today since the regular guy didn't come in. My husband really enjoyed his salad. I noticed a sign that said if you eat there on the day of your birthday, you will get a $10.00 gift certificate for your next visit. It was my husband's birthday, and we got a gift certificate, and we plan to go back! It was a delightful surprise.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

My favorite thing to eat at Church & Main is their pizza. The pizza is very New York style single slice or whole pie. They have many things on the menu for you to choose from and their drink and smoothie list is vast. Their homemade soups and salads are also hearty and good. The price is high for being quasi deli, but the food is always up to par. They also have a reward system for 10 purchases $5.00 off your next purchase.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

This place has a lot of options with daily changing specials. Sandwiches are about $7 and are decent, although they should offer a side with the sandwich for the price. Salads are large and expensive ($8-14) and nothing write home about. The lasagna is actually really good and would be worthy of five stars in my opinion. However, I had a roasted chicken special last month and I needed to drink water with every bite it was so dry. Either way, I come here weekly and I have learned what I like and what to stay away from (chicken lol).

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Great downtown spot to pick up lunch-huge variety of sandwiches, pizza, prepared foods to go. Fast service, helpful staff.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

If I dont prepare food at home, I will be having quick food here at Church & Main, Food Quality is good, but not that great, but manageable.