“Wow”

The Flying Monkey Grill & Bar
Ranked #30 of 452 Restaurants in Hartford
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Wow what a hidden gem. Great menu, great food, and fantastic price. We will be back for sure. The Two piece band finishes off the evening. A friend recommended this place and I’m glad they did because I will be back.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

My husbands boss took him here at the holiday time, we had never heard of it. My husband really enjoyed it so we decided to go on a Friday evening. The bar was packed so we sat at a table by the window which overlooked the Brainard Airport runway. We ordered some monkey wings with monkey sauce and they were delicious. Our server recommended the pork chops, so that is what we ordered. The chops were cooked perfectly and were nice and moist. It came with a small side of mac & cheese which was also delicious. The beer selection is very diverse.
The owner was walking around insuring everything was good and he was very nice and accommodating. This place is definitely off the beaten path but is surely a great find!

We would definitely come back to The Flying Monkey.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

It was our first visit on a cold winter's eve and it won't be our last. Yes, it is small, tucked away in a place that must be sought out, but the rewards are many when found. We chose to sit bar-side beside the picture window, which afforded perfect viewing of taxiing private planes - a fun addition. Good mix of patrons. Atmosphere conducive for chatting. Parking is free and easy. Food is carefully, tastily and creatively prepared. Service couldn't be better. Cocktails are creative, high on taste and a bit pricey at $10 each for this partaker on rare occasions. I had a Monkey burger and my friend had the salmon dinner, which both earned enthusiastic, "thumbs up" reviews. Prices were reasonable ( i.e. $14 for well presented, ample burger platter prepared and presented). (Restaurant & restrooms are kept clean with attention paid to details that matter). It is such a great "find", I hesitate to bring it to everyone's attention, yet this places deserves to continue to succeed in a BIG way, without losing its intimacy, friendliness and great food. Thank you for a wonderful, surprising evening at Brainard Airport! Wow.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

It's hard to decide where to begin. The atmosphere of being feet away from an active runway is exhilarating! The menu and specials are creative and delicious! The home made infusions and signature cocktails are excellent! Best of all, the service is outstanding. I highly recommend The Flying Monkey Grill Bar for any occasion. I just wish I could give more than 5 stars…

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I came here with my friends for happy hour/dinner and was so surprised to find such a great place! The restaurant is connected to the hotel at the small airport, so its a little hard to see, but a GPS will bring you right there. Its a little in the middle of nowhere but you are definitely going the right way! The inside is very pretty and the waitress was extremely nice. The prices for happy hour are amazing ($3-$5) and even the regular menu was reasonable. I'll definitely be returning.