“Easy access to downtown Hartford, Ct.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Stamford, Ct
“Easy access to downtown Hartford, Ct.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very clean, very spacious room. We stayed there to go to see a play at Bushnell. It was an easy drive to the theater. We got to breakfast late, lots to offer, but we decided to pass.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hartfordgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear dms21,

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor review. My staff and I appreciate your great comments. I too recently went to a play at the Bushnell and it was fantastic.

Our location is very convenient to many Hartford locations and our complimentary shuttle takes you there so you do not have to worry about finding a parking space or paying downtown fees! You are right when you said your room was spacious most of our guest rooms are slighter larger than the standard hotel room. A complimentary breakfast buffet is served daily from 6am to 10am; but if a guest calls to say they are running late we will usually put a plate aside for you. Or some guests enjoy the convenience of grab and go with fruit and a yogurt.

Hopefully you will be attending more Hartford functions and we look forward to having you choose us!

GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Getxo, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Dirty furniture, VERY poor breakfast, bad service, wifi not working, will not go back again.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hartfordgm, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear getxo64;

I am sorry to read that you feel you received poor value for your recent stay. I have not heard of any problems with the internet connections as of recent; however, for security purposes we do change the password weekly.

Our breakfast is the standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast served at all of our properties. Except, of course, the fresh fruit is local. I would like the opportunity to speak with you as your comments were not specific in regards to bad service and such so I may follow up with the appropriate staff.

I can be readhed at 860-525-1000 and ask for Lisa or if you prefer my email is hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com.

Again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. It is boggling as another post the same day loved their stay.

Stamford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

For some reason my one night reservation was done in a smoking room. No idea they still have that in chain hotels anymore in the US. As a priority club member I have stayed at many great and decent hotels of this group but this one was just awful.

Major drawbacks or concern:

Filled parking lot made me park on the side, behind my room around 9 PM. It was dark without any proper lighting. A mini van was parked there till late in the night where people were drinking inside. Discarded beer cases being tossed out of the window. I was worried about the safety of my car. Either they do not have security cameras or its not just enforced.

Got a smoking room instead of a non smoking room. The room was not refurbished in recent times. It reeked of smoke and everything had a worn out look. I discovered old stains on the sheets. And the TV had non HD programming on all channels. So not sure why they bothered to install those flat screens. Corporate directive from HQ I guess. On a positive note, it was of decent size.

Toilet seats won't stay up when needed. Hot water in the morning was not consistent at around 7 AM. Again, I wasnt expecting this from a holiday inn property. Some small wayside motel maybe, but not here after using 15,000 of my points.

The breakfast spread was also one of the worst I have seen in one of their properties.

The parking lot was full so I am sure they are doing great business, its just maybe I got the worst of everything......maybe not.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pragueresident
Hartfordgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear PragueResident; I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expecations. As you can see from our recent reviews most guests do enjoy their stay. We strive daily for excellence.

I am concerned about your comments and would like the opportunity to speak with you and make ammends. You may call me at 860-525-1000 and ask for Lisa or if you prefer hartfordgm@wnwhospitality.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

Outstanding service, ultra clean, free parking and very convenient! That is the condensed version of my review. Now for the details, my 17 year old daughter and I took a quick(overnight)college trip to New England. We flew into Boston, rented a car and drove to Worcester, MA; then drove to Hartford, CT and this hotel. Gail was at the front desk when we arrived, she was very courteous and went out of her way to insure all of our needs were met. After a great nights sleep in a spacious and comfortable room we had a complimentary breakfast the next morning. Now off to the next college and then back to Boston and home we are after an exhausting 24 hr. trip. Hopefully we'll be back when she's off to college!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank phillygirl55
Hartfordgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Dear phillygirl55,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad that you stayed with us! Gail is wonderful to work with and I am sure she will be gratified by your comments about her when I share them with her later. We work very closely with the local colleges and universities. In fact we are the official hotel of the University of Hartford Athletics department. We hope your daughter made it in to school in Hartford so you can come back and visit us soon! It was our pleasure to have you and your daughter stay with us. Thank you for your patronage.

Dave Ickowitz
General Manager.
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

We had incredible service from the staff. The front desk folks will do just about anything to assist, including sending a van to get us from the Convention Center to the hotel in the midst of a blizzard. Also the housekeeping staff not only found the raincoat I had left behind, but mailed it to me!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hartfordgm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Authored,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We are thrilled to know that you had a great stay. Our staff tries very hard to ensure that our guests are always taken care of and they enjoyed the recognition of their hard work when I shared your comments with them today. On behalf of the team here thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the business. I hope the next time you are in the greater Hartford area you will come back and stay with us again.

Dave Ickowitz.