All reviews room was large boiled eggs continental breakfast yogurt free wifi bed was comfortable first floor would stay here again kitchenette tile pans motel accommodations ct sofa madison wedding
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

It was a beautiful building and room. Tom had excellent customer service skills and was very friendly. He got everything we needed. I will deffinately be staying here again the next time I come to Connecticut.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Hotels should be judged based on price and what they claim to be offering, obviously a Red Roof Inn at five stars isn't going to be same as a Novotel that gets five stars. But for the price you pay here and the category of hotel, this was a very nice experience.

I stayed in this hotel for five nights because I needed to be in Madison, CT and I didn't feel like paying 200$/night for a hotel with ocean view. For this many days, my priorities were having a kitchen, having something quiet and something comfortable not just for sleeping but also for working. All of those were met perfectly by this hotel.

The location is on US 1, which makes it quick to get around as it's also very close to US 95 on/off ramps. The hotel consists of an "office" building and two separate buildings with two floors each for the rooms. This means you can drive your car to your room and park in front of it.

When I visited the hotel was very quiet, not many people staying and the sounds from the road were barely heard (and I had one of the rooms close to the road). During the night this place was very, very quiet, something I enjoy a lot. I rented one of their premium rooms, which meant more space, a very nice desk to work on, better amenities in the bathroom and free food and drinks (water, orange juice, energy bars, microwave popcorn). The room also had a kitchen (you're not going to make an elaborate dinner there but it was more than enough to prepare breakfast or make simple dishes. Once of the other reviewers states there are no utensils, pots or pans, and that is correct; initially those are not in the room, but you just have to ask and they are delivered to you (which was made abundantly clear when I checked in). The room was old - not going to win a beauty contest any time soon - but more than adequate and very spacey.

Internet functioned great the whole time, breakfast options were limited. If you have enough to coffee, fruit juice, cornflakes, toast and boiled eggs, yoghurt and some other choices, you should do fine. If not, there are plenty of breakfast places in an easy driving distance you can go to.

What I remember most of all, is the service. I only saw one gentleman the whole time I was there and he was incredibly welcoming and helpful, both during check-in / check-out and every morning during breakfast. I didn't need him much, but I'm sure than anything you could come up with in terms of questions, you would be helped with quickly and thoroughly.

Would I come here again? Absolutely, if I ever needed to visit the same company, I wouldn't even look around for other options; for me this was perfect. I'll take the same room, thank you very much!

Room Tip: The premium rooms are quite nice
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Excellent staff and management, very friendly and helpful. Everyone took great care of my family upon our stay, we were even allowed to check in early which was great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2017

This Red Roof was exactly what I expected - very utilitarian but large, clean rooms that are reasonably updated. The appointments are minimal, but cover the basics. I picked the Red Roof over the Comfort Inn because they accept pets. Staff was nice and the continental breakfast was presented neatly and appeared fresh. If you're bringing your dog, there is a great, large grassy area to walk your dog and let it relieve itself. My 2nd floor room was not carpeted, which made it a bit noisier, both for me and I imagine the guests below. Free wi-fi was easy to access.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is quieter if you don't mind steep stairs
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Stayed here with my husband last month. The first thing we saw when we got to our room was a ripped, torn, piece of a very old Welcome mat. The furniture is mismatched, carpet needs to be replaced, forget about the kitchen, no utensils, no dishes, no pots and pans, 1 chair. Dishwasher missing leaving a big, empty hole under the counter, Way out of proportion old refrigerator just stuck in there. Don't believe it when they say suites. One good thing, the bathroom was clean as were the linens.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple