All reviews room was large boiled eggs continental breakfast yogurt free wifi would stay here again kitchenette tile pans motel ct sofa madison wedding
Reviewed 18 February 2017

We had stayed at this location last year at a much lower rate and the conditions were better. This time the room was very dirty. It strongly smelled of some kind of medicinal cleaner which they clearly had wiped over every surface without ever rinsing the rag. Everything was smeared with the same sticky cloth, the floors, the headboard, the bureaus the counters, everything. We wondered if they had used the same cloth for the toilet and the bed stands. The bed was made so that the blankets under the spread were done all to one side of the bed. It was clear the sheets had not been changed. The bathtub faucet could not be turned off and ran with a boiling hot trickle of water all night. I was glad we did not have small children as this would have been dangerous. When we reported it to the desk, the clerk said the man was coming the next day and showed us a broken faucet handle from another room. We checked out.
The room was fine otherwise, the location quiet, but for the price I would suggest finding a room that is cleaned properly and with rooms that are repaired between customers.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Tom S, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Guilford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear,
Nanette W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience with our property.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. you experienced during your stay you willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.the Redroof Plus & Suites is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance and Redroof Plus & Suites did not meet your expectations we do make every attempt to address all issues that are faced by our guests for housekeeping we have looked into this concern and have made the necessary action Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Redroof plus &Suites Guilford CT!

Best Regards,
Tom,

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I went to Guilford to spend Thanksgiving with my family. There were many of us and I got to stay with my son at this hotel.

The room was large, we had two cozy sofas and the bathroom was very clean. Breakfast is complementary, with cereal, bagels, muffins, hard boiled eggs and cold and hot beverages.

It was a wonderful stay!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I have never in my life stayed at a Red Roof Inn. I am a Four Seasons - Ritz Carlton girl. But I booked 1 night out of necessity and thanks only to Tom - I stayed for 3 weeks! Tom is the ultimate host - I felt as though I was a guest in his home. The quality of the rooms was exceptional - new, bright, clean - with a lovely breakfast room served each morning. Tom provided exceptional service - kind, professional, attentive and ANYTHING we needed. All hotels need a TOM - but especially all RED ROOF hotels need a TOM - I will stay in any hotel where he works. I hope the RED ROOF take good care of him!! You should definitely give this hotel a try!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We travel with our dog and called another accommodation and were told the room would be $149 + $75 extra for our 20 pound dog. We got the room for $100 (senior rate) with no extra charge for our dog. There is no carpet and i think that is a plus. We liked the two couches and the large kitchen that was not needed by us but could be very useful for a longer stay. You would have to bring your own cooking utensils and table ware. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The place is not glamorous but was quiet and the staff friendly. The breakfast was adequate but not elaborate (cereal, breads, pastries, hard boiled eggs, french toast, juice and coffee) no bacon and eggs here. The grounds were well kept. The first floor was a plus as there were only stairs to the second floor.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 106DavidW
Reviewed 12 August 2016

I love economical hotels I can count on when it is likely I will return to the area -- Red Roof Inn is one such brand!

Because my kids are older now, Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites offers the extra space to not feel cramped and to not have to spend on an adjoining room. Having a kitchen with a sink was especially helpful for our particular 2-night stay with necessary food preparation for a family event.

All of the staff are calm and reserved, and they attend to their duties and guests' needs quickly and efficiently. In response to their survey, I made a suggestion and they responded within a couple of hours, that's how attentive they are!

No hotel can be perfect 100% of the time. Trivial issues were easily resolved (needed extra towels/sheet). In fact, the Front Desk was so pleasant that it was actually delightful having the extra conversational exchange.

I was truly grateful I found this Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites because the reviews at comparable hotels in the area were so horrendous I actually considered staying in some other town/state instead.

NOTE: Red Roof Inn allows small pets, and because I am allergic to cats, I believe a previous guest had had a cat in our room. Nevertheless, I am a huge fan of Red Roof Inn and of animal lovers, so this is not a deal breaker. Put it this way, in their email response to my survey comments, the hotel apologized profusely and I thought it seemed extreme over needing extra towels/sheet -- it was only in writing this review now that I suddenly remember mentioning a possible cat! I certainly don't mind suffering a little bit as it is much more important to me to feel reassured that guests who have to travel with pets can find a safe and comfortable place to stay.

IMPORTANT: By the way, the mattress was SO COMFORTABLY RESTFUL!!!

Room Tip: Hotel is on a quiet section of Route 1, so any side is probably as good as another.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family