“A bloody good curry!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My husband & I love curry & before we left England just over a year a go to live in Charleston SC we had a curry at least once a week & were spoilt for choice.

In Charleston, the best curry house (as per TripAdvisor) was 'Taste of India', it was ok but nowhere near as good as what we're used to & didn't make us want to go all the time. We recently moved to Mystic & people said Mirch Masala was better than Taste of India so we thought we'd try it.

Now we haven't been to TOI yet but I can say that Mirch is rather good. Staff were friendly & attentive, loved the mini poppadoms, the pickle tray could've been better though.

We shared the chilli cheese paneer appetizer, this was lovely. I then ordered a salmon curry (Molly I think), which was simply divine as was the garlic & chilli naan. I made a very good choice, as did my husband who had the pepper chicken, very tasty.

Portions were generous enough for leftovers, which I just had for my lunch YUM!

We will definitely be returning, again & again!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Mirch Masala has a nice buffet for lunch that will fit your budget.
The food is very good and the staff are very courteous and friendly.
My favorite is lamb curry with nan bread. The rice pudding is just enough dessert to sweeten your palette.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have lived in the area for 30 years and recently saw an ad in the local paper for this Indian restaurant.

We looked them up and saw the very high rating on Trip Advisor, and read many of the comments. We had high expectations as a result of all the favorable reviews. We were not disappointed! We had dinner on Saturday at 6pm.

Our initial impressions of the restaurant were supported when we walked into the atrium, and saw what looked to be an expensive, large, ornately decorated Indian brass swing, and many awards & winning reviews from various publications on the walls.

Inside the restaurant, it had an open, welcome, & tasteful design & ambiance. All the staff appeared to be of Indian heritage, and we're proud & friendly. We were greeted within 15 seconds, and seated at a table of our choice. We felt comfortable in our summer casual clothes!

They have a full bar. Our Tanqueray martini & Tanqueray & tonic were perfectly made, and served promptly with small round chips & 3 dipping sauces. As this was our first visit here, the waiter was very helpful in choosing our food, & spice levels. We also had a glass of Mondavi Chardonnay.

We ordered chicken mushroom corn soup, green salad, Veggie sampler, chicken curry, tandoori chicken, Poori & garlic Naan bread. Everything was delivered in a timely manner, using what seemed to be a "tag team" of waiters all working together as a team. It actually showed me one limitation of the customary single waiter model which breaks down if they get busy.

All the food was superb, and compared to some of the nicer Indian restaurants we have eaten at in Manhattan. We actually were shocked that this gem was right in our backyard all these years living in New London, CT!

The tandoori had a spectacular presentation served on a bed of cut vegetables, in turn on a high heat iron dish which resulted in a steaming, delicious aromas wafting forth. Nice result!

My cell phone images used a flash and are a bit darker, and off the true fresh colors seen in person, so take them with a grain of salt.

The staff was really friendly & superb...speaking to great management. We are just ordinary locals, but we felt treated like VIP's!

Just as shocking as the good food (which we could not eat all of it--so the dogs now get to share a taste later), was the low price. The total bill was only $81.45, reduced further by a coupon from that local paper ad. To get all this food, & drinks, and of this caliber of high quality for only $71 is really a great deal. It was a pleasure to leave a $20 tip, as this was one of the few times the overall experience far exceeded our expectations.

We really had a wonderful time and experience.

1  Thank Chuck P
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Great food, great price . Best item on the menu: chetinandu lamb rack. Baingan Bartha also very good. We are repetitive customers

1  Thank Liliana G
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Had the vindaloo curry and Naan bread. Very, very happy guy. I wish I could have checked out the lunch buffet, but I'm just passing through.

1  Thank Toodlesmynoodles