“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warsaw, Indiana
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

The hotel was very nice. A little stuffy for my taste, but we weren't at the hotel very much. The staff was okay but not what I would classify as warm and friendly. The room was very nice and comfortable. They kind of force you to get your coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby by having coffee makers in the rooms that are single serve so you can have one regular and one decaf cup. We had 3 coffee drinkers so unless you brought your own instant coffee or tea, you were stuck with Starbucks. I will say that the lady that worked in the mornings at the Starbucks in the lobby should have been the manager of the hotel. She was warm, helpful, and friendly and remembered me the second morning. The location of the hotel was great for anything you wanted to do in the area. It was very clean and beautiful and I feel that if the staff were as friendly and helpful as the lady working in the Starbucks, I would have been happier.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I travel quite frequently, mostly in SPG hotels (W, Westin, Sheraton etc..) so this was actually my first stay at a Mariott (for a wedding). I have never EVER had a problem sleeping due to the noise of other guests. I first called the front desk at 12:30 when people were screaming for 15 minutes (I was very patient). They sent up security and it was quiet for another 10 minutes. I called again 20 minutes later at 1AM. They came up once again and told the room next to me to be quiet. Then the people in the room were arguing (drunk) for another 15 minutes, so I called a THIRD time to speak with the manager on duty. She apologized and said she would send security up and have them stay on the floor for 15 minutes. The floor was fine, but it was just the drunk a-holes next to us that would not stop arguing. I called a FOURTH time at 2:30AM and the manager actually came up and heard all the noise I was talking about, and knocked on the door and gave them their FINAL warning to be quiet. She told the security guard she wanted a report on that room every 15 minutes, and she seemed quite concerned which was nice. Then at 3AM heard the manager knocking on their door again so she either kicked them out, or they went to bed.

I am grateful for the manager being concerned, but paying $300+ a night and having to deal with that is absurd. With that said, the walls are definitely PAPER THIN, I've never had a problem before. This is supposed to be a nice resort/spa that holds large functions. I can say I won't be back to this location unless I bring earplugs, or have a few extra cocktails so I can pass out.

Room Tip: Corner room would be ideal, only if they have walls that are not paper thin!
5 Thank mwood86
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed at the Mystic Marriott June 19-23 and was very impressed with the quality of the accommodations. The hotel is pristine, clean and the staff incredibly helpful. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The only downside is the location. Without a car (I took the train), it is impossible to get anywhere and there is nothing around the hotel. Unfortunately, taxi service is unreliable, at best. Will most definitely stay here again, but will drive next time so I can explore Mystic at my leisure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
St. Michaels, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I am a loyal Marriott customer and always have a great experience at their flagship hotels. But the Marriott Mystic went above and beyond! This is a great hotel and their staff is par excellence who go to any length to please their guests.

We happened to have a small TV problem which was fixed about 2 minutes after we called the front desk. Then, much to my surprise their concierge staff sent me an email to assure me they were not satisfied, and wanted me to know that on my next visit they wanted my visit to be completely trouble free. I responded by saying that this type of service merits a very positive review. Stay at this hotel you will not be disappointed. I already have my next reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank George W
Greenwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My 7-year old son and I stayed here while visiting the nearby Submarine Force Museum. The doors and walls are poorly insulated against noise. Hotel is popular with large family groups with little consideration for sleeping guests.

3 Thank RobertMPCT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
6.0 km away
Hyatt Place Mystic
#3 of 13 in Mystic
5.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK