“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Sharon
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here because of the availability of the one bedroom suite and the close proximity to Mystic Aquarium. The hotel is very clean and the staff very friendly. The breakfast buffet was great and the room service dinner was delicious! The pool was very warm and enjoyable. I do agree with other reviewers that the walls are thin though. We could here noise from other rooms at night, which made it difficult for our daughter to sleep. Thankfully we were traveling with a fan so we were able to drown out some of the noise.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
new york
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Positive : Nice size clean rooms , convenient to local casinos and mystic attractions, affordable prices

Negative: Walls are paper thin , we were able to hear our neighbors whole conversation loud and clear between 2 and 6 am . Also I guess the housekeepers didn't realize and or care that check out was at 11 and proceeded to bang ( not knock , bang) at 9 despite the do not disturb sign . She also tried to come in but the deadbolt was on . She did this up and down the hallway , then started to vacuum slamming in to the room doors . I do understand most people have already left and check out at that point , but we were still there trying to rest on our day off . She was clearly not happy that we were still there, since she stared us down when we left . Out of all the hotels I've been to this was the rudest housekeeping staff i have ever encountered .

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ivana622
Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Super comfy, large, and clean room... helpful staff, convenient location. Can't beat it for the rate we paid...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This hotel wasn't my 1st choice, because I wanted to stay closer to New London. However I quickly realized, it was a great spot.

Just a couple minutes off the freeway and close to restaurants and shopping, it was a wonderful location

The front desk folks were always friendly, especially the lady who checked me in.

The facility was clean and the bed comfy. Lots of cable channels to choose from for that late night channel surfer.

I didn't eat breakfast there, so I speak about the food or service there, but overall I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Jimx2indc
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I didnt want to pay $400 for a room at Mohegan Sun where I was attending a concert. Its about a 15 minute drive away. The drive is easy but very poorly marked-no fault of the hotel but something to be aware of. They provide detailed directions at the front desk to all of the surrounding casinos. Checkin was quick, the room smelled like a smoking room even though I had reserved non smoking but it wasnt bad enough to complain about. The beds were heavenly. The bathroom was bright and clean. If you are there on a Saturday night they provide a shuttle service to Mohegan Sun for a fee-you must reserve it in advance. The best part was after a very long night they did not enforce the checkout time. They let us stay as long as we liked, for no extra cost which was great. Everyone who worked there was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
3.1 km away
Hampton Inn - Groton
#3 of 14 in Groton
0.8 km away
Best Western Olympic Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK