All reviewsnew englandyogurtmade to order eggsbed and breakfastgreenwich avenuemini reuniongracious hostsrooms are lovelymaintained propertyhome townwithin walking distancecozy roombaked goodslovely homehot breakfasteach morningcouple of nights
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Beautiful house and friendly, gracious hosts. Everything was exactly the way we wanted it and the location of the property made it convenient to Westchester Airport and worked well for our various activities over in Terrytown/Sleepy Hollow. Highly recommended as an alternative to any hotel.

Room Tip: I imagine all rooms are equally fine
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We thought we would try a new spot in Greenwich and we were quite happy with our stay here. The staff could not be nicer. We were sad we just missed the pool being open, hopefully next time we can enjoy a swim. There is no restaurant here but they do offer you muffins, fruit, coffee, juice etc daily. The also have drinks and a snack out in the afternoon...but no breakfast in bed here. The rooms are spotless.

Room Tip: A room in the back to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Reserved two rooms with wonderfully comfortable beds. Lovely home and atmosphere. Weekend hot breakfast buffet was delicious! Nice relaxing dining room and staff were great & friendly. Family has frequented Stanton House a few times over the years and look forward to returning!

Room Tip: The two rooms we reserved did not have a lot of space (it is a B&B remember) but did have great beds, ambiance, convenience and class.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful location and lovely rooms. But the Inn cannot serve a hot breakfast weekdays because of arcane town regulations. Residents are well advised to eat breakfast in town and skip the daily fare. It features boiled egg served on a bed of ice.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank VPande_12
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This review does not cover the location, physical plant, service, etc., of this establishment, which we have never visited: it addresses only our reservation and cancellation experience.
The Trip Advisor listing as well as the hotel website describe it as "pet-friendly," which was our main criterion for selecting it. I even responded to communication from the Inn offering a brochure on local attractions with a note of my own stating that my wife and I and our Labrador retriever were looking forward to our visit. However, a couple of days before the planned visit, I called the Inn to advise our arrival time, and again mentioned our dog, whom I casually (carelessly, as it turns out) identified as a "service dog" -- he is not, exactly, and I understand the difference, but many folks do not, so I was using it as a shorthand distinction: he's more than a pet, he is a retired MWD(military working dog) with six years honorable service in a war zone (Iraq) protecting American personnel as a bombsniffer at the US Embassy in Baghdad. He is also an ASPCA/Petpartners certified Animal Therapy dog, and he and I have years of experience together providing animal-assisted therapy to veterans, the elderly, hospital and rehab patients, and disadvantaged youth. Finally, he is also a nationally-registered emotional support dog who assists me in coping with PTSD. I explained all this to the gentleman on the phone, who continued to take exception to my use of the term service, questioning whether he "really" provided a service or was "just a pet." When I pointed out that the Inn was in any case listed as pet-friendly, he countered that "some of his guests might have allergies!" I finally gave up and asked him to cancel the reservation, since I am unable to travel without my dog. He responded that he was unable to do so, and that I needed to cancel it myself via Trip Advisor's partner, Travelocity. When I did so, the travelocity website offered me the option of requesting the cancellation fee be waived, which I did; however, the Inn declined the request.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple