“Terrific Italian food”
Review of Max Amore

Max Amore
Reserve with OpenTable
Max Amore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Glastonbury Blvd
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Please consider making a reservation rather than just dropping into this restaurant, particularly on the weekend because it gets very crowded and waiting is not a pleasurable experience (there is no ante room and the bar is too small to accommodate a crowd). The layout of the restaurant does not handle traffic well - the bar to the right of the main entrance is small with a few round tables pressed closely together. The kitchen is open to the restaurant so there is a constantly flow of waitstaff picking up dishes which interferes with hostesses seating customers - gives it a bit of a disorganized feel. The main room is a mix of wood tables/chairs as well as semi-booth seating - framed by colorful hanging pendant lights - providing a darkened, sedate atmosphere. A dish of olives and basket of bread are provided while drinks are retrieved. Waitstaff is solicitous and fairly efficient darting among the tables. The menu is somewhat limited in that it focuses on dishes with seafood, sausage, and pasta. However, the meals are delicious - cooked with care, seasoned nicely and presented well. Definitely worth a trip but if you can manage to go when it is a bit less crowded, your experience would be enhanced.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Had a business lunch there yesterday. Loved that the waiter wasn't annoying us to order or finish and we could take our time. Food came out VERY fast once we did so I am glad we choose not to order right away. Bread was great -- ordered the Tuscan Chicken Salad. I thought it was yummy. I love salt but it was a little salty for me, which is unusual. Everyone in my party seemed very satisfied with their food and I would definitely recommend it -- and go back next time I am in the area!

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited Max Amore for a belated birthday dinner (mine). Jessica, our waitress, was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. Anthony, the bartender, made world-class Stoli martinis. My scallops were cooked to perfection and served in a savory bowl of real risotto (an increasing rarity). And my wife’s hanger steak was as tender as a filet. We’re trying to contrive a reason to go back. But we’ll probably give up and go without one.

1  Thank NothingForGranted
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

A companuon restaurant to Max Fish. The Italian selections were
Prepared well. Seasoning was a key to how well the choices were enjoyed. Family style entrees,
pasta specialties- like Uncle Eddie's Sunday Gravy and personal pizzas were equally enjoyed

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Exciting changes in the air at Max Amore. Had spectacular Pork Belly and White Polenta appetizer, delicious and sophisticated Flank Steak with Truffle Jus. More good things to come with new chef, sophisticated Italian "Gusti Raffinati!"