The Connecticut River Valley Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsb bwinter roomsmall weddingbreakfast is servedother gueststop floorthird floorpatwaynehostscomfortkeuriglinensconnecticutbride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Stayed here on a business trip and all I can say is that it exceeded expectations.
- The room was spacious and extremely clean - I'm a clean-freak so to be able to say this means a lot.
- The grounds were beautifully kept and there was a wonderful little running trail that I went on a jog on.
- Internet access was also excellent and I could work outside on my personal patio that was accessible only from my room.
- The bed was comfortable.
- The breakfast was unbelievable - best home made EVERYTHING! I kind of want to go back just for the scones.

What would I change?
- Perhaps the sign could be a little bigger as I got lost a couple of times trying to find the place, and the GPS said that it was on the opposite side of the road

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lindatoth
PatriciaB2010, Owner at The Connecticut River Valley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

We're so happy you had a wonderful stay. Next time you must stay longer! Concerning our sign, we would love to have a bigger sign, but since our property is actually in the historic/residential zone district, we are limited to a sign of no more than two square feet - an you can believe that we have used every inch! Hopefully in the future we will attempt to get a variance on the sign size.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary weekend. It's a cute little inn. We did get to see most of the rooms, as there was only one other couple staying there at the time. Some of the decor was a little modern for my tastes, especially in such a historic building - but we liked our room ok. The shower was awesome and the bed was really comfortable. The yard is nicely landscaped. The hosts are super-friendly and offered lot of suggestions for walking trails and other activities in the area. Pat is a great cook and we enjoyed our breakfast, although I did wish for more of a selection. After breakfast we enjoyed our coffee outside over the Sunday paper - very quiet and very relaxing. Overall it was a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

My boyfriend an I stayed at this inn just a few days ago and had a great experience. Unfortunately we did not arrive to the Inn until some minutes to 8pm, so we were not able to spend a lot of time in town on our first night. The inn was very well maintained, clean, and beautifully decorated. We stayed in the Winter Solstice room and LOVED IT!!! We were given an opportunity to see the other rooms which were also tastefully decorated and inviting! Wayne and Pat were gracious hosts and very helpful. The dogs Allie and Widget were very friendly although Widget is a barker. His bark is much bigger than his bite. He eventually warmed up. LOL We did not get a chance to sample any breakfast because we often stayed in our room way past breakfast time because we were so comfortable. All in all, it was a great place to stay and if you have a chance to visit, might I suggest going to Plan B for a burger. It was DELICIOUS and they had many vegan and vegetarian options too! I would definitely stay at this inn again.

Room Tip: The Winter Solstice room is the biggest and it opens directly onto a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NJBee
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We were treated like we lived there. The food was excellent ,wine and cheese a nice touch and art work topped it off. Restaurants were excellent (Bricco and 2Hopewell) rooms were spacious and bed was firm.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Our family reserved the entire Inn for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding weeked in Glastonbury. This B&B is fabulous. We held the rehearsal dinner there the first night and Pat and Wayne could not have been more accomodating hosts for us and our 30+ guests that evening. The inn is gorgeous inside and out. Spotless, beautfully decorated and spacious rooms with private baths and very comfy beds. The garden was perfect for our grandchildren to play and even more perfect background for the bride and groom's wedding photos. We had a lovely time, it was well worth the price, we will go back and we recommend every chance we get!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family