“Cute & Local Favorite”
Review of Sweet P's

Sweet P's
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Essex
Description: Sweet P's, has been established in Essex, CT since 1989. We specialize in gourmet ice cream- Ashley's gourmet ice cream voted Connecticut's best for many years in a row, fresh smoothies made with the pulp of the fruit, hand crafted paninis and soups. Our handcrafted soups afford you the opportunity to enjoy gourmet, restaurant-quality soup at home without spending the day in the kitchen. Enjoy a "night-out" experience Sweet P's also offers gourmet freshly made panini (in Italy panino is a singular and panini is a plural) these are sandwiches toasted to grill-marked crunchiness on an Italian made iron press. Our meats are lean and our chicken is steroid-free/antibiotic free. All panini come with a free option of veggie chips. A complete gourmet lunch box to go :) Are you a local? Come and try us. We guarantee good service,delicious food and a fun time with us. Are you simply spending the weekend or a long vacation in our charming village? Make us part of your adventure and let us add a satisfying experience to your vacation. Our family welcomes you to come and enjoy new Sweet History Established in 1989. Sweet P's, has been established in Essex, CT since 1989 but has been under new management since May of 2014. Sweet P's started initially as an Ice cream and candy shop. Over the years the products vary from penny candies to high end chocolates and different brands of ice cream. As the new owner I have selected to sell Ashley's ice cream. Ashley's Ice Cream is a premium gourmet ice cream that is locally made with Connecticut ingredients. It is truly amazing! Our signature flavor is Essex Mud which is exclusively made for Sweet P's. Customer service is a huge priority for the Sweet P's family! Due to our increasing demand of Panini, we recommend that you call ahead to place your order instead of waiting in line; however, if you are not in a rush and don't mind waiting a few minutes you can simply place your order and take a brief walk, sit in our court yard or even visit the ducks at the docks and by the time you return your order will be ready to your satisfaction. Meet the Business Owner Angelica Business Owner I grew up in a big family with lots of good home cooking. I love to cook but most importantly I like to make quality food. When I was a single mom, I worked full time but I wanted my children to enjoy good food and treats, so finding restaurants or takeout shops with quality food was a bit of a challenge. At Sweet P's, when I see a mother sharing a panini meal with their children it brings back fond memories. I want to provide food that is fast and convenience but not fast food. I have created a menu that I believe is the perfect blend of gourmet quality and value in a simple take-out order without paying the price of a seat down restaurant. If you are visiting Essex Village by car or boat please feel free to stop by and say hi. Smiles and a friendly greeting are free! :) Boaters who wants to cook after swabbing the deck? Imagine eating a fresh panini while in the Connecticut River on the deck of your boat... And why not have some Ashley's ice cream for desert. you deserve it! :) General Information Come down for a lunch, mid-afternoon snack or dinner and try our new Soup & Panini menu with a cup of Essex Mud ice cream. It will blow your mind!
Reviewed 16 August 2015

A cute, tiny local favorite restaurant. We always stop here when we visit Essex and have some of their gourmet ice cream. Simply amazing flavors, and they offer lots of other options such as fro-yo and smoothies, as well as Panini sandwiches and lunch items.

We've always had great service and great food here, so will continue to come back on our Essex visits.

Sweet P s, Owner at Sweet P's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your review made our day. Please let us know next time you visit and we might surprise you with a delicious treat.

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

The day was a very hot and humid. We decided it was around lunch time, to stop for some ice cream and a smoothie. The more matured man waited on us .mMy friend recived her ice cream and myself and other friemd were left in the lurch. He said he w ould be back and never returned. In the meantime, a young man can out from behind and proceeded to pass us up and waited on someone else. We were a little distraught by the service we didn't receive. So we made an executive decision to walk out and write a review.. Perhaps from this review the matured man will learn to be more courteous to his customers. You scream, I acream , we all acream for ice cream.

Sweet P s, Owner at Sweet P's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2015

Hello Toni, we are very sorry about your experience. As you described it was a very hot/humid day, so because of the weather we have been extremely busy. There is not excuse for leaving any one waiting, in all fairness our little shop only can handle so many people at a time and no one purposely will forget about any customer. We get very busy during lunch time and specially on the weekends so as you might have noticed "we are not the average ice cream parlor" as we also serve variety of gourmet food. Unfortunately, when we have big groups there times when everybody in the same group is not ready to order and to keep the flow moving we start serving the next person who is ready leaving a little time for the undecided person to make up their mind. This might or might not been your friend case but next time please let us know that you order was never completed so we can have the chance to make it right.

Please tell your friend to comeback for a free ice cream or smoothie which ever is her preference.
Sweet P's is extrictly a family business and our customers are all like family to us, we strive for the best customer service and there is no exception to the rule.
The Sweet P's Family!

Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

This is a nice little frozen delight, they have ice cream, sorbet, sherbet, and frozen yogurt ! You can have a frappe, smoothie, sundae, three different kinds of cone or a madero order ice cream sandwich! Try a Essex Mud sandwich...delish!

Reviewed 16 July 2015

The description says it all. Many flavors to choose from. We enjoyed our treat very much! The service was excellent!

Sweet P, Owner at Sweet P's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Deb H!

thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review and hopefully next time you visit we can get a five points instead of four :)

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

We frequent this place for the ice cream (they do offer soup, sandwiches & salads too) often; our favorites are Essex Mud and pistachio.

Sweet P s, Owner at Sweet P's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hello Nancy, we are so happy to read about your experience with us. Thank you very much for your five star review, it certainly made our day and because of customers like you we will only continue offering the bests.
Thank you again and please give us the opportunity to serve you again
The Sweet P's Family

Been to Sweet P's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK