“Good food, properly portioned”
Review of The Shack

The Shack
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in East Lyme
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The gang of five decided on lunch here and we weren't disappointed. Sandwiches and melts all around and plenty to drink filled us up. The clam chowder was also very good. If you are looking for the place with good food, served by an attentive wait staff, this is the place you should go, even if it's out of the way. You won't regret it.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My husband and I visited their restaurant and we basically walked out. Our waitress never made eye contact with us, never acknowledged our presence, waited on a table that was seated after us. We were served coffee by a busperson, she was very nice, but the sweetner I prefer was not at the table, and as I waited..and waited for our waitress to take our order and get the Splenda I needed....That never happened. She never came to our table..never took our order. She even went as far as to bring a friend to the table that was seated after us and discuss contractors that they had used. I guess if you are not a "regular", you are not worth a second glance. I complained to gentleman who seated us and asked for a bill for the coffee we never drank and his response was..well, if you are that unhappy.....you don't have to pay for your coffee... I wrote to them about this experience and never got a response. Well, we will never go to this restaurant again.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank JanetGarsideWilcox
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The Shack has multiple locations now, but started in East Lyme. The food is always good and reasonably priced. A great place for breakfast or lunch, though I have never visited it for dinner.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017

What a place! The food. The staff. The pies. Oh, go for the pies. The locals that enjoy this place. Plain & simple, good food. good people. family oriented. if you want somewhere different and not the typical chain, check them out....

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I absolutely LOVE the shack for Sunday morning breakfast! Make sure to get there early as they fill up quick! Never a bad meal, ALWAYS up beat and pleasant staff. If you've never tried it I highly recommend you give them a try!

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to The Shack? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK