“Decent, convienient hotel if you can get it for the right price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hartford Hotel & Conference Center

Hartford Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in East Hartford
Sydney, Australia
“Decent, convienient hotel if you can get it for the right price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I stayed at the Ramada East Hartford with a friend in October 2011. We were in the area for concerts in Northampton MA and New Haven CT, and instead of staying a different place on Friday and Saturday nights we booked one hotel in the middle for both nights, which turned out to be a great idea.

We booked through priceline and secured the room at $40 a night (+ tax/fees, for a total of $54 a night). Great price for a decent room - we stayed in a room with 2 double beds. Beds were comfortable, sheets were clean, pillows were ok, but they didn't have a choice between synthetic and feather - they were all big synthetic pillows and I would have prefered a softer/flatter one.

Bathroom was a bit dated and the counter top was chipped in places, shower drain didn't have a cover on it, but didn't affect the use. Decent water pressure. Soap they give you is nicer than the usual hotel soap! Towels were a decent size.

Room had a TV however the remote control didn't function properly, and the TV was older and not a flat screen (which we saw in some of the rooms down the hall as we walked past).

We stayed in room 424 which was at the far end of the corridor, well away from the lifts - we found it quiet and didn't hear any of our neighbours (although we were only in our room from midnight until 11am both nights). The air conditioner/heater was a little noisy, but worked (at least on the heat setting).

Room was non smoking, although bathroom did have a slight stale cigarette smell.

Liked that we had a window that we could acutally open, the the window has not only drapes and net curtains, but also a block-out blind to block out the light.

Free parking, free continental breakfast (we didn't try this), 11am checkout which is decent (as Australian's we are used to 10am checkout.)

All staff we encountered in the lobby/reception were friendly and helpful.

Didn't try the hotel restaurant so we can't comment. Close to Hartford if you have a car, there is a Walgreens up the road about an hour away. New Haven is an easy 45 minute drive down the I95/I91.

I'd stay here again. Not sure I'd pay more than $80 a night, but for $54 a night it seemed like a bargain!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift banks as the lifts are old and a little clunky. Also, if you are s...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Trenton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed here for a night on my way to Maine. It was handy that I saw a picture of the hotel on the web when I made the reservation, as the name Radisson wasn't on the sign outside. Apparently this used to be a Holiday Inn, as the old light-up sign had been flipped inside-out. I guess the sign company didn't come through in time. At any rate I figured this was the place, and the signage issue was the worst thing I can say.

The lobby is nice. My room was on the first floor, past what I think were some meeting rooms. The paint on the doors and door frames to those rooms is pretty beaten up and made the hall look worn.

The room itself, however, was quite nice. I looked recently decorated and had a contemporary look. The furniture and carpet was in excellent shape, and the mattress was reasonably comfortable. There was a big chair with ottoman in the corner and a desk with a swivel chair. The bathroom showed a little more wear, but not too bad. Free WiFi is available, but its not secured, so be careful with those passwords.

There was a slight amount of highway noise, not enough to be bothersome.

I got my room through that famous name-your-own-price site, my first try at it. I think the published rate is $99. I got it for a bid of $46 plus tax. For a hundred bucks it would have been only fair on the value scale, but for 46 bucks it was a screamin' deal.

Overall I was quite happy and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Mesa, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I stayed here for business I had in nearby Manchester. There is not many safe hotels in the area so I booked the Ramada which was a Holiday Inn from the late 50's or early 60's. When I got there the signs were covered and it seemed deserted! there must have been only a handful of guests staying there. The restaurant was closed but they offered a small menu of food in the bar. It was quiet but the room was well worn and weathered. One day of my stay housekeeping did not service my room. The pool was half drained and looked like it had been out of service for a long time. Not the best place but in this area there is not much of a choice.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Plymouth, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

i got the hotel reservation on priceline so after I found out the name of the hotel I would be staying in I went to tripadvisor and read all these horrible reviews.
Well - these reviews are wrong. The hotel is totally renovated, rooms are big and clean, nice new smell (we were in non-smoking room) - it has everything you can expect from 3*** hotel. Public areas were clean, parking free. It included continental breakfast and on Sunday we even got free full buffet breakfast. It couldn't be better - thank you Ramada for a good stay.
Workers were friendly but not overfriendly like in better star hotels.
The only think that you could've hear loud motorcycles from the highway once in a while.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

This hotel is right by the highway, which was a problem in the first room they put me in because the road noise was bad. They kindly allowed me to switch rooms, but the next one they put me in had a leaking ceiling. There was also a garbage bin in the hallway that was collecting pieces of the ceiling that were coming down due to other leaks.

The continental breakfast was a joke.

I think this was once a very nice hotel, but its glory days are over.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the highway side
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business

Hilton Hartford
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 11 in Hartford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,024 reviews

Been to Hartford Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK