I stayed at the Ramada East Hartford with a friend in October 2011. We were in the area for concerts in Northampton MA and New Haven CT, and instead of staying a different place on Friday and Saturday nights we booked one hotel in the middle for both nights, which turned out to be a great idea.
We booked through priceline and secured the room at $40 a night (+ tax/fees, for a total of $54 a night). Great price for a decent room - we stayed in a room with 2 double beds. Beds were comfortable, sheets were clean, pillows were ok, but they didn't have a choice between synthetic and feather - they were all big synthetic pillows and I would have prefered a softer/flatter one.
Bathroom was a bit dated and the counter top was chipped in places, shower drain didn't have a cover on it, but didn't affect the use. Decent water pressure. Soap they give you is nicer than the usual hotel soap! Towels were a decent size.
Room had a TV however the remote control didn't function properly, and the TV was older and not a flat screen (which we saw in some of the rooms down the hall as we walked past).
We stayed in room 424 which was at the far end of the corridor, well away from the lifts - we found it quiet and didn't hear any of our neighbours (although we were only in our room from midnight until 11am both nights). The air conditioner/heater was a little noisy, but worked (at least on the heat setting).
Room was non smoking, although bathroom did have a slight stale cigarette smell.
Liked that we had a window that we could acutally open, the the window has not only drapes and net curtains, but also a block-out blind to block out the light.
Free parking, free continental breakfast (we didn't try this), 11am checkout which is decent (as Australian's we are used to 10am checkout.)
All staff we encountered in the lobby/reception were friendly and helpful.
Didn't try the hotel restaurant so we can't comment. Close to Hartford if you have a car, there is a Walgreens up the road about an hour away. New Haven is an easy 45 minute drive down the I95/I91.
I'd stay here again. Not sure I'd pay more than $80 a night, but for $54 a night it seemed like a bargain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the HHCC in East Hartford, CT located just minutes from downtown Hartford & 16 miles from Bradley International Airport. Travelers appreciate the convenient location & free parking. Easily located off of I-84, this East Hartford hotel is near Rentschler Field, home of UCONN Huskies Football, Cabela's, & minutes from the Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford Civic Center, Dodge Music Center, Connecticut Expo Center & Bushnell Theatre. Attractions near hotel include the Mark Twain House, Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Children's Museum, & the New England Air Museum. Other attractions include Mystic, CT, Mohegan Sun Casino, & Foxwood's Resort Casino. The Holiday Inn East Hartford is also near several colleges & universities such as the University of Connecticut, University of Hartford, Trinity College, St. Joseph College, Rensselaer at Hartford, Goodwin College, & Manchester Community College. Guests visiting local companies, Pratt & Whitney, Cellu Tissue, Coca Cola, Freightliner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hartford Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada East Hartford Hotel East Hartford
- Holiday Inn East Hartford
- East Hartford Holiday Inn